College students' class projects

Mike,

Most my life I've had people turn me down or tell me to piss off when I've asked for help. Because of this I was forced to do things on my own. I've hit up a few soundie's for help and was blatantly ignored. There has only been one mixer that has taken me seriously. He took me on his show for the day and let me see what its like to do his job. He's offered to throw me some work down the road and recently kept his word. For this I've been very grateful and will be more then happy to pay it forward.

In fact, I have a low/no budget gig coming up this Friday and Tuesday and I could use a boom op. If Chan, or any of your students, wants to be on set and learn how to boom then I'll be more then happy to teach them. I'd also be willing to help them out on their project when its time. I know what its like having doors shut in your face so I feel its only right to help those in need when I'm asked.

I only ask that anyone you refer contact me instead of me chasing them down. Sound fair?

I'll PM you my cell #.

I teach and lecture a little bit. When my schedule allows, I sometimes help students out on their projects. The reason I do it is to "pay forward" the time people gave to me when I was learning the craft. Call it a deposit in the karma bank. Today's film student is tomorrow's production assistant. Today's production assistant is tomorrow's producer. I want to be around so long in this business that kids I taught are writing me checks for my day rate. Call it a deposit in my hometown bank.