Batteries4broadcast Li-ion NP-1s

David Settlemoir

Is anyone using the Batteries4Broadcast Li-ion NP-1s?

It looks like two of these and a Comer Charger would be quite a bit less than one of the idx starter packages.  I'm currently using a Sony BC-1WA and a couple NP-1 Ni-Cads that are about gone.

Searching around the net I found this (only Ni-MH) but I would be scared to try and carry that on a plane - looks kind of suspect.  I talked with Ty Ford the other day and he uses something similar to the battery pack (for laptop/portable dvd players) I think ATS is offering.  I'd really like to stay with NP-1s though so I could also use them in my 8044Q monitor.

David

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I use their batteries for my HDX-900 (a power hog)-- I use the big V-mount 150WH. The battery life is great and the build quality is very good.  I can recommend the brand.  The bricks have a Anton power tap built in which is very handy... I can only think that their NP batteries are as good.

George 

Thanks George,

I went ahead and ordered a couple of the batts last week.  They seem built well and are pretty light weight.  The only problem so far is the Comer charger doesn't completely charge them on the first cycle.  It says it is done, but the fuel gauge on the battery just says about half full.  If I pull the batts from the charger, and then re-insert they will continue charging until full.  I've got several interviews for HBO Sports Thursday so I guess I'll find out how long they'll run the 442.

David