posting with images embedded

snd.waves

You have to be using the Full Editor for your post, that's the first thing (Quick Reply will not do it). At the bottom of the message composition area you will see the Attach File button which provides the means to browse files on your computer in the normal manner. Once you have uploaded a file (which could be typically an image or a .pdf) you then have the additional option of Add To Post --- this will insert the attached image within your post at the position of the cursor.

The composition window should look like what is pictured below:

post-1-0-11369600-1338207029.png

I see a white line running horizontally through her forehead.

Thereis no white line on the photo either here or in my photo file. I've known her for a long time and there have been some strange things in her head but nothing on the out side. I know that for sure as she's my daughter, Gwen.

Eric

Yes, there is often a white line when the image is oversize and doesn't fit the designated area so well. It may display differently based on your browser. Notice as well that Eric's signature "To the right is loud" is also displaced and riding along side the image instead of below.

Yes, there is often a white line when the image is oversize and doesn't fit the designated area so well. It may display differently based on your browser. Notice as well that Eric's signature "To the right is loud" is also displaced and riding along side the image instead of below.

I think I found the answer. I use Internet Explorer and there is a "compatability view" icon in the address bar, if I click the icon the white line appears and all the links at the top of the page appear i.e: forums, members, blogs, gallery, resource, contact us. If I click the icon again the white line & the links disappear. Unfortunately there's no indication when it's on or off.

Eric

Eric, the compatibility icon changes to blue when it's turned on and all it does is revert IE back to an earlier version. It only appears when a site has features that would be impacted by the compatibility setting and it remembers the state that it was in the next time you visit that particular site. But it also does a pretty good job messing up other things on the page, too, so it's not really a very good fix.

Eric, the compatibility icon changes to blue when it's turned on and all it does is revert IE back to an earlier version. It only appears when a site has features that would be impacted by the compatibility setting and it remembers the state that it was in the next time you visit that particular site. But it also does a pretty good job messing up other things on the page, too, so it's not really a very good fix.

Thanks for the on/off info. It seems I was in the "on" setting as the "off" setting has cleared up a lot of other minor issues also.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...