We take our non-disclosure seriously

pverrando

I had to sign a 14-page NDA when I worked for Lucasfilm! Same with Kodak. For all I know, I'm violating both contracts just by mentioning them...

I seem to recall clauses in there about "first-born male sons" and "soul of the individual, to the ends of the universe, forever and for all time," but it's a little hazy.

I once signed one that said I would pay production $5,000,000 if I revealed any secrets regarding the outcome of the show. Is something that preposterous even legal? Of course they handed it to me at the end of the day. Fortunately I know better than to Facespacephototweet any secrets.

I once signed one that said I would pay production $5,000,000 if I revealed any secrets regarding the outcome of the show. Is something that preposterous even legal? Of course they handed it to me at the end of the day. Fortunately I know better than to Facespacephototweet any secrets.

If it's for a major show, I'd suspect their lawyers have been over it pretty thoroughly. Consider a show like Survivor and the massive amount of monetary loss the network would incur should the results be leaked so I'm guessing they would have legal cause.

I once worked in my hometown of Seattle for an afternoon on the closing scene for an extremely popular network dramatic episodic season finale.

It was so secret that only the two cast members and some producers from the show had knowledge of it. That and the show's day player camera crew, an AD and director as well as myself and my boom op and a Seattle location manager. The rest of the crew and cast didn't know about it. Those people from LA flew up in the studio's jet and were back in LA by the end of the work day. Very hush, hush.

Except that they forgot to have us few Seattle people sign a non-discolsure. Of course we didn't say anything to anyone, but it sure could have been quite a scoop!