Windows 8 is amazing!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to keep this on topic...

Will it always be free, or is this a promo they are running? Is this a beta version? I have a Mac and a Windows machine. I haven't upgraded to the latest Mac OS because it makes some things not work, like Dropbox, which I use practically every day. Don't know if they've fixed this, as I'm too busy to keep tabs on this sort of thing. If what I have works, then I stick with it. I've been burned too many times by OS updates on both platforms to get all excited about a new version of an OS

Dropbox works fine for me with the newest OS X. I don't do post, so I have less potential for problems with intense apps. I don't use Protools on my personal computers, so I don't have that to worry about.

Now that think about it, I am happy to realize I used Dropbox way more than I burned DVDs in 2011!

...that debate again... ::)

Rado, you got a touchscreen already ?

I will disregard all arugant posts here and answer you:

Yes I have an Asus EEE B121 - an actual tablet computer that does more then an email and facebook. I have had windows touchscreens for the last 15 years.

Touch screen and interface is very well defined. Better then the previous preview version and definitely better then Windows 7

It is a preview. More like a windows 7 with the interface of 8. You don't need drop box. Microsoft sky drive is good enough. I feel your pain about OSX upgrades...I am excited because the interface on windows 7 was not very touch screen friendly

to keep this on topic...

Will it always be free, or is this a promo they are running? Is this a beta version? I have a Mac and a Windows machine. I haven't upgraded to the latest Mac OS because it makes some things not work, like Dropbox, which I use practically every day. Don't know if they've fixed this, as I'm too busy to keep tabs on this sort of thing. If what I have works, then I stick with it. I've been burned too many times by OS updates on both platforms to get all excited about a new version of an OS

I meant a tablet.

Touchscreen installed on customer supplied computer

Touchscreen for 13 inch 2.0 GHz MacBook ......... $ 699.00 USD

This is the only mobile solution. It keeps the keyboard and just replaces the screen with a touch screen.

I bet it voids your warranty as well