Windows 8 is amazing!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just so I understand correctly...To see a real difference in Windows 8 you really need to be using a touchscreen device? Otherwise it is pretty similar to 7? And, from what I've read (which is limited), it is similar to the UI on the windows mobile devices? That's smart if it is. I was looking at the new Nokia windows phone, and while I don't think I'll switch to it, the interface was really slick, and I do know windows phone users who say the software on them is pretty solid. I'm not as savvy on my windos machine as I am with my mac, so I don't know if I'll install the trial version, but I am very interested in seeing what Microsoft is doing.

So, just so I understand correctly...To see a real difference in Windows 8 you really need to be using a touchscreen device? Otherwise it is pretty similar to 7? And, from what I've read (which is limited), it is similar to the UI on the windows mobile devices? That's smart if it is. I was looking at the new Nokia windows phone, and while I don't think I'll switch to it, the interface was really slick, and I do know windows phone users who say the software on them is pretty solid. I'm not as savvy on my windos machine as I am with my mac, so I don't know if I'll install the trial version, but I am very interested in seeing what Microsoft is doing.

I have been a windows phone user since 2003. WIndows 7 phones are slick, more responsive then all the competition and the UI is designed very well.

It is really smart to offer a windows 8 mobile Metro style UI and a classic Windows desktop. Users can choose.

I have said before that if IPAD was OSX I was going to be the first fighting in line for it.

I am not ready to use dumb devecies.

I am watching the Asus Comutex keynote. Their tablet 600 has I7 processor inside, IPS+ monitor with wacom 10 point multi touch and stylus, Instan on 2 second. Unbelivble design.

Go to 21:37

and then 27:31 for Asus TaiCHi

on 30:00 you can see a dual screen laptop/tablet that has desktop mode on the side of the keyboard and Metro style on the other. Asus Tai-CHi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest dawidbrook

Windows 8 is the updated version of Windows 7 with unique layout and good features but now consumer review version available of windows 8 and it is a full version. But its define that how the next version of windows 7 which is windows 8 are looks and its full version available in august(month) this year. so wait for that.

What a child. His biggest concern is that Steam will be rendered useless when XBOX Game store is implemented and and VALVE store will be dead...

For 15 years I have been hearing that OEMs will stop using windows. What a BS...

First of all Valve run on Windows only which made him a millionaire.

Second of all there is no market for Linux systems for only one graphic engine. A lot of computer savvy people will have dual boots. Still small percentage.

Third of all the graphic specs for windows 8 are insane.

And finally: I will believe it when I see it. Software companies steer away from Linux because it does not pay at all "excluding enterprise"

"Valve boss Gabe Newell calls Windows 8 a 'catastrophe'"

http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-18996377

I think that Windows 7 is the best iteration of Windows in quite some time. I have an iMac running Mountain Lion but I also have a PC laptop for sound reports, travel, and downloading audio files at the end of the day. I was very pleasantly surprised with Windows 7 because I had abstained from Windows since XP.

I installed Windows 8 and I must say I do not like it. I think that the homepage idea is pretty interesting but it lacks a certain flexibility and I'm resistant to the idea of having my PC and social media so intertwined. I also don't like that my login is linked to my XBOX Live account. And other than the kind of gimmicky redesign there aren't any substantial new features (although I feel the same way about Mountain Lion to some extent).

Maybe my dislike is due to my lack of touchscreen. The iPad is a fantastic device but I often wish it was a bit more like a full featured computer. However, I would not encourage Apple to follow the path Microsoft has.