Frequency coordination on Lectro Venue

VM

Hi,

I'm currently working with a venue receiver and 6 TX.

After reading the manual I understand that group a and b (and c and d) are free of intermodulation.

But I haven't understood the use of the frequencies 2 digits ? For example 703,6 is 7C.

Have those two digits any utility in frequency coordination ?

regards

Those two digits are the settings of the two hex (16 position) rotary switches on the block 27 UM and LM transmitters for the 703.600MHz frequency. For example 703.600 is 7C. So you would set the UM400 switches to 7C to get 703.600MHz. Your block 27 begins at 691.200 MHz (25.6MHz times 27 is equal to 691.200MHz) so you would then add 7C hexidecimal steps of 100kHz(equal to 12.400 MHz) to get to 703.600 MHz. Hexidecimal is base 16 so 7 times 1.6MHz is 11.200MHz plus C times 100 kHz is 1.2MHz since C in hex is 12 in decimal.

The simple answer is the two digits have no use in frequency co-ordination.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Hi,

I'm currently working with a venue receiver and 6 TX.

After reading the manual I understand that group a and b (and c and d) are free of intermodulation.

But I haven't understood the use of the frequencies 2 digits ?

regards

Those two digits are the settings of the two hex (16 position) rotary switches on the block 27 UM and LM transmitters for the 703.600MHz frequency. For example 703.600 is 7C. So you would set the UM400 switches to 7C to get 703.600MHz. Your block 27 begins at 691.200 MHz (25.6MHz times 27 is equal to 691.200MHz) so you would then add 7C hexidecimal steps of 100kHz(equal to 12.400 MHz) to get to 703.600 MHz. Hexidecimal is base 16 so 7 times 1.6MHz is 11.200MHz plus C times 100 kHz is 1.2MHz since C in hex is 12 in decimal.

The simple answer is the two digits have no use in frequency co-ordination.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Thank you Larry -- it's always such a pleasure reading your posts!

~tt

My joke is that the hex numbers are part of the "Secret Decoder Ring" for the older Lectro wireless setups. It's agony for me when I have to go back to one of the old-style transmitters -- you really get spoiled by the digital readouts on the SM-series (and also on Zaxcom's products).

The New Endian FreqFinder app is extremely helpful for frequency coordination, and has been discussed often

For example 703.600 is 7C. So you would set the UM400 switches to 7C to get 703.600MHz. Your block 27 begins at 691.200 MHz (25.6MHz times 27 is equal to 691.200MHz) so you would then add 7C hexidecimal steps of 100kHz(equal to 12.400 MHz) to get to 703.600 MHz. Hexidecimal is base 16 so 7 times 1.6MHz is 11.200MHz plus C times 100 kHz is 1.2MHz since C in hex is 12 in decimal.

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

My brain hurts....

My joke is that the hex numbers are part of the "Secret Decoder Ring" for the older Lecture wireless setups. It's agony for me when I have to go back to one of the old-style transmitters -- you really get spoiled by the digital readouts on the SM-series (and also on Coxcomb's products).

The New Indian Freq Finder app is extremely helpful for frequency coordination, and has been discussed often

I actually like the older style transmitters, I think they sound better and are easier to use on a wireless boom (except the decoder ring thingys).

You know, I have both the older UH400 and the newer UM, and have not compared them directly to see how they sound. I just "assumed" they were pretty much the same analog/digital stages in a new box...

I think I should make my previous statement more precise. I think the UM's sound better then the SM's when I use them for wireless booms and they are easier to use in that capacity but I prefer the SM's when I wire people.