SMa and Potato Cannon and Wind Chimes

LarryF

All I know at the moment is that the sales department is making a video involving an SMa transmitter, a potato cannon and wind chimes. They have been very tight lipped but I've garnered that it doesn't involve shooting wind chimes or potatoes at the SMa. That would make too much sense.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

So they're shooting potatoes at the wind chimes to see how the SMa handles it. Can't they use keys like everybody else?

You bunch of fanatics you.

I've been told you have several more guesses available.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

All I know at the moment is that the sales department is making a video involving an SMa transmitter, a potato cannon and wind chimes. They have been very tight lipped but I've garnered that it doesn't involve shooting wind chimes or potatoes at the SMa.

You're not thinking like sales. Fire the transmitter at the wind chimes using a potato cannon. If you record the whole thing you'll get a big BANG, a long WOOSH and then DING!

Maybe multiple dings...

You're not thinking like sales. Fire the transmitter at the wind chimes using a potato cannon. If you record the whole thing you'll get a big BANG, a long WOOSH and then DING!

Maybe multiple dings...

I think you've got a potential position in the sales department. I'm going to be very interested in seeing this video.

Larry F

Dear Lectrosonics,

Our director wants to shoot an actor out of a cannon and record his dialog as he travels through the air past some wind chimes. My question is, which of your transmitters would be best for this situation? We will probably have to do this a couple of times as our actor ad-libs a lot.

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer on this situation.

Larry, just an observation. The bulbous end of the potatoe gun looks and sounds like a silencer. The ATF is not your friend even though it is for a potatoe gun. Back in the 80's I played a lot of paintball and we were making PVC silencers for the paintball guns. Somebody was caught during that time frame and guess what you didn't see PVC on the end of paintball guns after that. May be a non-issue.

David

So, do I get a prize for guessing correctly up above?

That is clearly a Potato Sabot fired at the wind chimes. Awesome way to spend an afternoon, and PROOF that your tech should be able to put up with just about anything a Pelican case can survive.

I'll happily take a job in your company as compensation :D

So, do I get a prize for guessing correctly up above?

That is clearly a Potato Sabot fired at the wind chimes. Awesome way to spend an afternoon, and PROOF that your tech should be able to put up with just about anything a Pelican case can survive.

I'll happily take a job in your company as compensation :D

Free subway Tuna?