Newbie questions section

Jesse Flaitz

There's not a newbie section to the site, because everyone is still learning every day.

Go ahead and ask your questions (maybe less than a million all at once) but make sure they haven't already been answered somewhere in the belly of this enormous resource. The search on this site is a bit...shit sometimes. You can always do a google search with your search terms and then site:www.jwsoundgroup.net tacked on the end to only find results from this site. Works great!

Hey, as far as questions go, I say "we're all ignorant... just about different things." I love to learn new stuff -- it's kinda like opening a door, and you go, "aaaaaa, that's how to do that."

On the kind of jobs I do, usually what I learn amounts to: "OK. Now we know not to ever, ever do that again. Cross that off the list."

Hey Jesse,

How you likin' yer mini-killer kit?

This search "pelican case site:jwsoundgroup.net"

Gets this result:

http://www.google.co...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Lots to view

Works fine now, I don't know why it turned up 0 last time, whatevs. The gear is working great Steve thanks again. I'm slowly building the kit, I got two COS-11s in my sights next.

EDIT: Ah, it's the www causing the problem. Makes sense.

how about a 'newbies click here' button so you can spell out some criteria for

asking questions and searching the site. sometimes they get kicked around a bit

for expecting the members to do the work for them, and deservedly so.

that way everyone going forward knows what to do, how to go about it and search on google like

site:jwsoundgroup.net newbie

how about a 'newbies click here' button so you can spell out some criteria for

asking questions and searching the site. sometimes they get kicked around a bit

for expecting the members to do the work for them, and deservedly so.

that way everyone going forward knows what to do, how to go about it and search on google like

site:jwsoundgroup.net newbie

Unfortunately, the newbiea wouldn't know about that either.

"Newbie" questions often spark great discussions. There's not really a need for a new section. If there was one, however, I'm sure the first post would be "search the forum/ search the web/ contact the manufactures" followed by something about midieval weapons and archers or some such thing.

• 7 months later...

I see both arguments, but it seems like every day we get a couple of new users asking the same questions, or posting things in the wrong areas (IE FS/WTB in Equipment, etc). It may be useful to create a category that answers many of the basic questions that are always being asked by new users, explains the rules of the forum, as well as possibly putting a hold on being able to post until you have been with the group for a certain amount of time... possibly encouraging people to read and do their own research.

I know I for one didnt post anything for months after I joined, but I followed the forums daily and did a lot of reading during that time.