help with venue firmware update

Tom Maloney

Tom,

Download the LecNet 2 software installer.

http://www.lectroson...tions-only.html

When you run it, connect the venue to your computer via usb. It will connect to it and allow you to install the updated firmware.

edit:

more specifically, once you install the software, run the VRPanel for Venue Receiver from your programs folder. It will detect the Venue. From the file menu, select update firmware and choose the hex file. You will need to restart the Venue while holding the two buttons to the left of the LCD. It will walk you through the rest of the process.

-Ryan

Ryan

Tom,

Download the LecNet 2 software installer.

http://www.lectroson...tions-only.html

When you run it, connect the venue to your computer via usb. It will connect to it and allow you to install the updated firmware.

edit:

more specifically, once you install the software, run the VRPanel for Venue Receiver from your programs folder. It will detect the Venue. From the file menu, select update firmware and choose the hex file. You will need to restart the Venue while holding the two buttons to the left of the LCD. It will walk you through the rest of the process.

-Ryan

Ryan when are we going to see VRpanel for Mac OS? It's really needed, many backup systems running metacorder on mac. Would be ideal. How about android?

Diego,

I'm not sure exactly what Lectrosonics has planned for development for OSX, but I hope they add support.

There are software packages that allow you to run windows software in OSX without doing a full installation. I've used them in the past and they can be a life saver - when they work. Setup can be a bit tricky, and not all software works, but If you are tech savvy, you should be able to give it a try. Setting up LecNet like this is on my Todo list, but I'm not sure when I will be able to get to it.

CrossOver. Commercial, with some direct support

Wineskin. Open source with community support

-Ryan