Guess they don't need no TC slate, and you get to do a Feature in 5 days-tight schedule, and award winning sound editor looking over shoulder. Opportunity of a lifetime......

Somebody respond.

Production Sound Mixer (Burbank )

Date: 2012-06-16, 12:01AM PDT

Reply to: tr3vm-3081078802@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1 Location for entire Shoot, 3 Red Epic Cameras, lots of Dial, able to work with director

and crew. Must have own equipment.

In addition, Production Sound to Record onto 8 Track Recorder. Discreet Mix of all Radio Mics/ Boom to be on same Outboard Channels 5-8 where applicable. We will Boom and Radio Mic at the same time except where it is obvious not to. Sound Recorder Device Time Code Frame Rate to be same as Cameras (Audio 48k Sample Rate)Time Code to be Day/Time Non Recurring Code. Sound Recorder and All 3 Cameras to Match thruout Photography.

Production Sound must have Video Monitoring

For Editorial Synch a Audio Combine Scratch Track will be Hard Patch/or Radio Mic into all Cameras. All Sound Takes to be Voice Slated and Logged in conventional Sound Report Format.

Production Sound Dept. to supply 4 Headphones for Monitoring. Wild Lines and Wild Tracks TBD by Director

***Technical Test on Wed 6/20 2 minute run all Cameras and Sound***

6/20 (9AM - 7PM)

6/21, 6/22, 6/23 & 6/24 (7AM - 8PM)

6/25 Reserved for an emergency p/u day.

This is a Feature Film, a very experienced crew and a tight schedule that will allow your achievements in sound to truly be showcased.

Our Supervising Sound Editor is a 4 time Academy Award nominee & winner of the Oscar, Bafta, Emmy & multiple Golden Reels. He will be on set. An opportunity of a lifetime for most.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: Based on Experience, Credit, Copy & Meals.

PostingID: 3081078802

Marc, this is for you, handle it please.

RED 4K!

los angeles craigslist > central LA > gigs > crew gigs

Feature Film Crew Needed (LA)

Date: 2012-06-26, 2:26PM PDT

Reply to: ppsdp-3103078463@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Feature Film shooting July 16 - Aug. 4

Name talent and great script. Award Winning Director. Red 4K Digital Cinema Film.

Need to fill final crew positions:

- Gaffer w/ Equipment a plus. Willing to work for $2,000 deferred (1st week of September)

- Sound Recordist/Boom Op w/ Equipment willing to work for $1,800 deferred (1st week of September)

- PAs and Grips willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

- 2nd AD willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

- ACs willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

- Script Supervisor willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

Begin Preproduction tasks ASAP!

Project Info:

- 18 day shoot in the greater Los Angeles region

- 90 page script

- Budget <100K

- SAG, Non-Union Crew

- Meals provided

- Deferred pay (1st week of September)

Respond ASAP with resume and contact info!! Thanks!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: Yes, and protected by contract!

PostingID: 3103078463

- PAs and Grips willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

- 2nd AD willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

- ACs willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

- Script Supervisor willing to work for credit/meals/copy only

Then there's this (also from the LA CL):

"PA types to be faux paparazzi (West Lake/Downtown)

Reply to: fnvp3-3102083116@gigs.craigslist.org

Searching for PA types who will pretend to operate still cameras.

Compensation is $100 for 5 hours"

So if you're a PA and want to work as a PA you're worth nothing, but if you're a PA and willing to be a fake paparazzi you're worth $100...

Just got a call for a web series. They wanted me, my mixer, 6 wireless, and a smart slate. Before the conversation continued any farther I asked what they were thinking as a day rate.

175!!!!

My response was "im sorry, but that won't even cover half of my gear rate before I even put my own rate into the picture"

They said ok and immediately hung up.

Oh yeah, and they are starting tomorrow.

I'

Just got a call for a web series. They wanted me, my mixer, 6 wireless, and a smart slate. Before the conversation continued any farther I asked what they were thinking as a day rate.

175!!!!

My response was "im sorry, but that won't even cover half of my gear rate before I even put my own rate into the picture"

They said ok and immediately hung up.

Oh yeah, and they are starting tomorrow.

I've had that same conversation too many times to count.

I'm starting to consider Net 30 as deferred too. My boom op went on one gig for 3 days, and they have paid for only day 2 so far (wanted individual day invoices for some reason) and now... it has been almost 2 full months. This is ridiculous. They want perfection delivered instantly as soon as the camera starts and stops... But we have to wait forever and a week for payment?

You want to defer payment... I want to defer delivery. I wish there was a way to deliver a "watermarked" audio file that played a loud beep or something every 10 seconds until they were provided an unlock code (after the check clears) b/c of crap like this.

So? At least they're honest about their requirements & expectations.

Eric

I think that's a great ad. They know what they want, when they want it, they acknowledge the rate is low, and give a reason.

At least it's not 'this is a great project, we need 8 wireless, $200/day, f**k off if you don't think that's the correct rate. We're shooting on the Epic.'

I agree. They clearly have some idea what talents are worth and are acknowledging that there budget is inadequate. I'd be more likely to say, "sure no prob" to these guys than the arrogant folk who can acquire a Red and think they're shooting a legit feature for 70k.

I actually have encountered a few well-intentioned people who tell me, "but gee, that guy Oren Peli shot Paranormal Activity for $15,000, and he made $100,000,000!" And I tell them, "actually the studio made all that money. And the difference there is, he had a genius idea, and yours is not nearly that good."

No, wait -- I think that, but I don't actually say it out loud.

As mentioned in another thread, the camera owners are getting slammed by people who expect rock-bottom prices. There's a lot of grumbling on the Red User Forums that some producers actually expect a full camera kit and DP/operator for $500/day, which is ludicrous. Maybe you could get a Canon 7D and a couple of scoops for that price, but come on.

Another:

Looking for film crew and boom stick holder (Nashville)

Date: 2012-07-11, 8:41AM CDT

Reply to: 3qgcc-3132214565@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are looking for individuals with their own equipment to shoot several short pieces. Please respond to this email if you are interested with a brief resume/history of projects you have worked in this particular capacity and include the specifics of the equipment you have/will be using. Pay will be negotiated. Thanks!

• Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 3132214565

Hmmmm.... Are they talking about THIS Boomstick???

post-5223-0-73309800-1342045039.jpg

They want perfection delivered instantly as soon as the camera starts and stops... But we have to wait forever and a week for payment?

You want to defer payment... I want to defer delivery. I wish there was a way to deliver a "watermarked" audio file that played a loud beep or something every 10 seconds until they were provided an unlock code (after the check clears) b/c of crap like this.

I guess you can record a VO with your name and email address every 15 seconds and mix it with the delivered audio - which you will replace with clean production audio once they pay...

BK