"Please, please, stay on topic and allow your personal issues abate, or, at perhaps, write your posts, in longhand, if possible, read them aloud, if possible, and hopefully, after several passes, you will think twice , before posting."

This is not a proper sentence. There is incorrect and overuse of punctuation, as well as multiple syntax errors. You used 'if possible' twice, and there is (although a simple error) a space before and after a comma. Realistically, this should be broken into two or more sentences. You are not effectively communicating when you submit posts like this. The effort taken to write and/or read posts like this (although occasionally more aesthetically pleasing), is not worth the information they contain.

Please, take your own advice, and consider your posts before submitting them.

Vernacular-jes street roots is all. Nonetheless, it is very effective-never forget the intended audience... The transcription was a bit wonky, as well. Should have proofed it, but it was, as we say, "off the cuff." You are correct, excepting your conclusion, regarding the import of the engaging, although incorrectly typed sentence. Sorry 'bout that mate. Stayin' on topic is what should be paramount here, and the personal issues that others have with Fury's literary style or whatever, should not be allowed to enter into the conversation. Dance class called. Students were really grasping the holds and figures well tonight, BTW...no waltzin' tho'..

Visual acuity permitting, Fury shall endeavour to proof posts hisself, aite?

Thank you very much

Fury

There was no "debate." There is no "debate." There have been insults directed at Fury, without any remotely, viable etiology, however.

lol

So what you are saying is,

debates dont "exist", they just are. To debate is to consider, to consider is to reason. In order to reason one must have free thought, but does free thought actually exist?

Fury has always taken the moral high ground, but should not be a target, for anyone's whim and fancy.

Didn't you call me homophobic based on absolutely nothing? (which I can assure you, I am not)

but does free thought actually exist?

It order for thought to exist there must be a living, breathing human doing the thinking. In so much as it is impossible for a human to exist on this planet without the expenditure of some sort, money, effort, etc. then the answer to your question has to be "no".

This one is interesting. All you need is to be a sharp dresser with an Apple laptop and iphone, and you make as much as sound mixer with gear.

I'm thinking about switching........

Personal Assistant Entertainment Industry (Marina Del Rey)

Date: 2012-10-11, 9:48AM PDT

Reply to this post kjfqx-3331699843@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Please Note these Hardware Requirements:

You must own a Macbook Pro or Air laptop running Lion or Mountain Lion as well as an iPhone on iOS 5.1+. This is very important as we do all our iCal, docs and most of our communications through iCloud sharing.

*COVER LETTER AND PHOTO REQUIRED*

Sharp dressing gay male preferred as you will also be part of our tv show.

We are a busy partnership in the entertainment industry with diverse business interests looking to hire a motivated 'self-starter' personal assistant on a part time basis. Candidate must be available for approximately 20 hrs per week at our Marina Del Rey location. This position may grow to full time within 6 months.

OUR BUSINESS

Our business incorporates:

1. A production company (development and production)

2. A vocal coaching and songwriting studio 

3. A non-profit organization (animal protection)

4. Our own careers in the entertainment industry as celebrities

With our diverse business interests we need someone who can think quick, see clearly through a task to completion and most importantly act professionally and expediently. Our reputation is our business and we need someone who understands that.

TASKS

You will be trained in all facets of our business and expected to multitask across job task platforms. Your responsibilities will include:

- Office administration work

- Basic book-keeping

- Client prospecting and scheduling

- PR and social platform communications

- Website maintenance

- Onsite production assistance during shoots

- Personal and professional errands

ABOUT YOU.

- Previous experience as an administrative or production assistant preferred

- Experience working within the protocols of the entertainment industry

- A degree (or working on one) in business, marketing, film or science

- A MacBook Pro (or air) laptop computer and iPhone with iCloud support (Lion OS or above)

- Ability to work flexible hours

- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines

- Strong communications skills and attention to detail a must

YOUR SKILLS

You will be trained, but a functional knowledge of the following is an advantage:

- Mac based office programs: Pages, Numbers, Keynote and iCal

- Data entry and website CMS's such as blogger, joomla, wordpress etc.

- Photoshop and Illustrator

- Facebook and Twitter

- Bonus points if you have experience with film editing (Final Cut Pro) or photo manipulation

PAY RATES

Pay is $12 to $15 / hr based on experience

*PLEASE APPLY WITH COVER LETTER AND PHOTO*

Please Note these Hardware Requirements:

You must own a Macbook Pro or Air laptop running Lion or Mountain Lion as well as an iPhone on iOS 5.1+. This is very important as we do all our iCal, docs and most of our communications through iCloud sharing.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 3331699843

"errors in grammar and punctuation".

That should have been, "I should have proofed it but it was in delivered, as they say, off the cuff".

I don't want to get all nit-picky. And, if I were to start pointing out errors in grammar and punctuation on this site, I don't know where it would all end. But, Jim, if you're going to make corrections, you'd best be accurate.

In both of the quoted examples above, the full stop should be enclosed within the quotes.

For those outside the US, I should clarify that this is a US publishing convention. In England, punctuation often falls outside the quotes.

David

lol

So what you are saying is,

debates dont "exist", they just are. To debate is to consider, to consider is to reason. In order to reason one must have free thought, but does free thought actually exist?

Didn't you call me homophobic based on absolutely nothing? (which I can assure you, I am not)

You are watt U R, "weather" U like it or not...

Have Fun

Thanking U Very Much

Fury

"errors in grammar and punctuation".

That should have been, "I should have proofed it but it was in delivered, as they say, off the cuff".

I don't want to get all nit-picky. And, if I were to start pointing out errors in grammar and punctuation on this site, I don't know where it would all end. But, Jim, if you're going to make corrections, you'd best be accurate.

In both of the quoted examples above, the full stop should be enclosed within the quotes.

For those outside the US, I should clarify that this is a US publishing convention. In England, punctuation often falls outside the quotes.

David

C'hai ragione! Fury's difficulties with the English language, arise from it being a tertiary language, in Fury's case, that is...not in the grand unification of all languages' historical sense.

Thank you very much

Fury

C'hai ragione! Fury's difficulties with the English language, arise from it being a tertiary language, in Fury's case, that is...not in the grand unification of all languages' historical sense.

I find it quite amusing that, in America, we say "English as a second language" when many immigrants here already speak two or more languages before arriving on these shores. Sgt Fury being a case in point...

BK

We're not immune from unrealistic low/no budget requests here in New Zealand.

Here's an interesting one.

...I plan to shoot the film in November of this year (2012). Most of the film will be shot in Auckland, including K-Rd (the red light district of the city). I will shoot the rest of the film up North at Omamari, Maunganui and Mohoa (small Maori communities just past Dargaville). I plan to adopt a unique approach to shooting the film. It will be shot on a full HD Canon 7D. This camera has a excellent depth of field and is really good in low lighting. I will be using a tripod for most of the shots, as I prefer that style, rather than the freestyle method which is becoming more common nowadays. Although, the POV shots will be done free style of course. I will be using natural lighting as much as possible, to give the film the gritty realism I am seeking. I will have a skeleton crew, except for the green screen symbolic/artistic scenes, which will require a bigger crew on board for those scenes. For the sound, we will use a boom mike, with a special connection directly into the camera (so we do not have to edit the sound seperately). Like all my other films, I will be making the film on a mini-micro budget. So I am looking for film crew prepared to work on the feature film for a deferred payment, for a three week shoot, between 3 - 24 November (2012), which means you will have a share in the profits from the sales of the film (DVD's, view online via Pal etc.) once it is made. Expenses will be paid for of course. So it will most probably suit film makers who have completed film school and want to add a feature film to their resume and desire to have the experience of creating a feature film. You will need to live in Auckland. I am looking for the following crew:

1) Production Assistant. Your role will be to assist in all areas of production as and when needed. You would maintaining the continuity logs, assisting the production manager and the 1st AD on sets as well as assisting the 1st AD with the shot breakdown and shooting scehdule.

2) Runner. Your role will be to run around doing whatever needs to be undertaken i.e. Picking up the food etc. You will need a car (Petrol and wear and tear will be paid for on the spot).

3) Boom Operator. You will need to have experience in this area. Plus, preferably your own gear, although if you do not this is ok.

4) 2nd AD: Assisting 1st AD & working with production assistant on sets.

As this will be a skeleton crew, we will all be be working very closely together during the shoot so I am looking for crew who are PASSIONATE about the film and who I am able to get along with. I can be a extremely intense Director, so need crew who can gel with the intensity of my personality and character. We will hold 'briefs' before each days shoot, so everyone has the opportunity to voice their nga whakaaro (thoughts) regrading any matter/issues relating to the film. This is so everyone feels involved and is valued. However, once shooting begins, I will expect my role as Director to be respected in making any and all final decisions relating to the film and how it is shot.

Regards,

Grant.

most telling part:

" Like all my other films, I will be making the film on a mini-micro budget. So I am looking for film crew prepared to work on the feature film for a deferred payment, for a three week shoot, between 3 - 24 November (2012), which means you will have a share in the profits from the sales of the film (DVD's, view online via Pal etc.) once it is made. "

this is a serial abuser. He keeps doing the same thing.

and why are non of his previous crew on-board ?? and what exactly have the profits been on those other movies..?

" desire to have the experience of creating a feature film. "

you will get to see how it is not done!

" I can be a extremely intense Director, so need crew who can gel with the intensity of my personality and character. ...This is so everyone feels involved and is valued. However, once shooting begins, I will expect my role as Director to be respected in making any and all final decisions relating to the film and how it is shot."

oh, yeah, he is also a clueless a-hole as well...

I just caught this… Fury wrote homophoNic, not homophobic. I chuckled when re-reading this amusing (a guilty pleasure, apparently) thread.

Carry on,

BK

Hi BK,

Fury did not see the post you quoted. Generally, however, Fury allows the reader to stumble along, much as the cognoscenti SP's here, must sit, with wry smiles of bemusement (minus the passive- aggressives, who have felt, somehow traduced by Fury), when the likes of Fury ventures a post into their field. Most fallacious (be cognizant of pseudo,pseudo, homophonic misinterpretations here) posts answer themselves, even if the author doesn't know it... Thanks for setting the record straight, for the Poster.

Hi Thesoundguy,

As Fury noted, your post was overlooked. Apology that you misread the correctly transcribed word ",homophonic," as Fury did not even contemplate what you assured everyone here is your proclivity. Fury does have a recollection of posting, without taking umbrage, a civil response to your uncivil post, with quotation marks on the homophonically offensive word.

Thank you very much

Fury