Here is a gem- $75 day for you and your gear:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cwg/3567510617.html

Now the kicker- the "Hollywood production company" is run out of a car in Hollywood

J. L. Faverio, known as “Mooch” online, is 29 and homeless in California. He could no longer make his rent, so he moved in with his father who eventually asked for rent he couldn’t pay. He now lives in his car.

Three months later Faverio created a blog called “Doing It Homeless,” which he uses to archive his experiences, promote his businesses and reach out to others. Faverio said before becoming homeless on Sept. 1, 2010, his view on the issue was “nonexistent.”

A pretty horrible one just popped up on Gearslutz this week (and you'd think anybody who knew that group would know better):

Evermore Pictures is looking for a location sound recordist/mixer for a feature length movie being shot from March 13 through April 21s in Goshen IN. Sound is considered high priority in our list of departments for the shoot. The position is paid $2000 at the time of production with full pay deferred contingent on distribution. Travel, lodging and food are covered.

Our team is a fun, low stress group that are full of very talented technical artists who get the job done and have fun doing it. We work a 6 day week at 12 hrs a day, some night shoots are scheduled. The story is a suspense/drama that is quite visual and experimental with sound design. Evermore Pictures does not expect this position to bring their own gear although any personal equipment that is able to be used is a plus. The recordist would get to use only the best equipment such as Benchmark Media Mic-Pres, Analog to Digital Recorders, and Shoeps and Sennheiser Mics.

Please contact: Jed Burdick 574-238-9031 or Jed@IndieFilmer.com After initial contact we can send you a copy of the script for your consideration. Please expect to show a sample of your work.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/97153-location-recordist-needed-suspense-feature-film.html

Yikes... there's so many red flags there, I don't know where to start! 

A pretty horrible one just popped up on Gearslutz this week (and you'd think anybody who knew that group would know better):

Evermore Pictures is looking for a location sound recordist/mixer for a feature length movie being shot from March 13 through April 21s in Goshen IN. Sound is considered high priority in our list of departments for the shoot. The position is paid $2000 at the time of production with full pay deferred contingent on distribution. Travel, lodging and food are covered.

Our team is a fun, low stress group that are full of very talented technical artists who get the job done and have fun doing it. We work a 6 day week at 12 hrs a day, some night shoots are scheduled. The story is a suspense/drama that is quite visual and experimental with sound design. Evermore Pictures does not expect this position to bring their own gear although any personal equipment that is able to be used is a plus. The recordist would get to use only the best equipment such as Benchmark Media Mic-Pres, Analog to Digital Recorders, and Shoeps and Sennheiser Mics.

Please contact: Jed Burdick 574-238-9031 or Jed@IndieFilmer.com After initial contact we can send you a copy of the script for your consideration. Please expect to show a sample of your work.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/97153-location-recordist-needed-suspense-feature-film.html

Yikes... there's so many red flags there, I don't know where to start! 

At least they didn't say "Sound Engineer." 

7 days in a bathroom!

Typically students want to shoot in bathrooms for some reason....they also are big on condom commercials.

Why this guy.. if he knows he will be in a the bathroom for 7 days.. doesn't JUST BUILD A DAMN SET.

Plus, if any cables touch the floor....they must be disposed of.

I mean...what if somebody has to go.....? 

And what's this about reading a script? I thought we all shoot these things like a red carpet event.

Reply dfsjh-3571186598@gigs.craigslist.org [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Sound Recordist Wanted (Whittier)

3272.png3272.png3273.png3273.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

Powered by Leaflet — Terms

Philadelphia St at Whittier Ave.

ndie film director seeks Sound Recordist for 27 minute short film. This will be a challenging shoot. The entire story takes place in a single location: a public men's room. Very tight quarters and the echo that is always present in a public restroom will obviously have to be dealt with. I'm thinking this will be a seven day shoot, but maybe less.
I need to know what equipment you will need. If you have your own and would like to use it we can work that out.
If you prefer to read the script first just ask. I will have you sign a nondisclosure first.

If interested, reply to this message with resume and a link to your reel. I will consider recent film school grads but you need to be brilliant and you need to be able to prove it.

Philadelphia St at Whittier Ave. (google map) (yahoo map)

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

Posting ID: 3571186598

Posted: 2013-01-25, 12:12PM PST

email to a friend

Anyone know what this is all about?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tfr/3580767798.html

Reply qfbcm-3580767798@job.craigslist.org [?] 

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of 

Posted: 2013-01-29, 4:13PM PST

Experienced Production Sound Mixers/Boom Operators Wanted (Los Angeles Area) L.A. based production sound mixers/boom operators wanted who are familiar working with Sound Devices gear on reality tv, film, playback and ENG (one-man band) style shoots. Equipment provided. Rates vary. Positive and professional attitude is a must. Highly skilled in signal flow is a bonus.
This position is for someone who loves working with audio and would like to be part of a dynamic, growing team. Send resume or work experience 
*LA based 
*Must have dependable transportation
  • Compensation: Rates vary from project to project
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Posting ID: 3580767798

Edited: 2013-01-29, 4:13PM PST

Not from Craiglist but I got this email today:

Thanks for getting back to me. Please find attached a copy of the script. 

We're hoping to have shooting dates locked off by the end of next week, but it's looking like a 2-3day shoot in 3-4 weeks. Sorry to be so vague. 

We will be shooting the film on an ARRI ALEXA

Unfortunately we don't have a budget for the short, but please have a read and let me know if it's something you think you would be interested in collaborating on. We're looking for a sound recorder and sound designer.

The film is Zombie Horror-style (with a twist) and requires extensive special effects, makeup/prosthetics and stunts. The DP is working for free, the makeup artist(s) too (but being paid for expenses). I have no idea where the grip, lighting equipment or Steadicam they need (it's in the script) are coming from...

I said I'd do it for gear hire alone, but they're unwilling to pay even that. Perhaps we can give you $50 to cover your insurance?
3ss4yt.jpg

Reply qfbcm-3580767798@job.craigslist.org [?] 

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of 

Experienced Production Sound Mixers/Boom Operators Wanted (Los Angeles Area) L.A. based production sound mixers/boom operators wanted who are familiar working with Sound Devices gear on reality tv, film, playback and ENG (one-man band) style shoots. Equipment provided. Rates vary. Positive and professional attitude is a must. Highly skilled in signal flow is a bonus.

This position is for someone who loves working with audio and would like to be part of a dynamic, growing team. Send resume or work experience 

*LA based 

• Compensation: Rates vary from project to project
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Edited: 2013-01-29, 4:13PM PST

What does it mean to be highly skilled in signal flow?

CL > los angeles > central LA > all jobs > tv/film/video/radio jobs

Reply qfbcm-3580767798@job.craigslist.org [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of

Posted: 2013-01-29, 4:13PM PST

*LA based

Compensation: Rates vary from project to project

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

Please, no phone calls about this job!

Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Posted: 2013-01-29, 4:13PM PST

Edited: 2013-01-29, 4:13PM PST

What does it mean to be highly skilled in signal flow?

Managing the air gaps maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted at 12:42 for tonight-

Tonight An Experienced Film Crew Needed (North Druid Hills)  

We are hosting our 1st Installment of "The Comedy Showdown" courtesy
of Circle Group Entertainment Hosted By Shawty (MTV Presents Nick
Canon's "Wild N Out") & Pierre (Late Night With Conan Obrien &
Def Comedy Jam) .

This show shall be filmed in front of a live audience and submitted for
broadcast. We are looking to add to our team of experienced film crew
members to help with the production.

And of course.... Compensation: no pay

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a funny Craigslist ad which is not for sound, but still made me laugh:

Magicians Assistant needed
I am a magician looking for a new female assistant for a show next Saturday March 2nd. I have an elementary school show next week where I need to do my sawing a woman in half illusion. You must be between 5 and 5 and half feet and slender. I already have a costume and you must be willing to show off your stomach. We'll need to do 2 rehearsals prior to the performance. I can pay you $250 dollars for the day OR you can be my date to the world famous magic castle in Hollywood exchange for services. At full disclosure, my last assistant ended up in the hospital with a somewhat severe cut but she did not die and we're still friends.

Please reply ASAP. Serious inquiries only please.

Sure, it's probably fake... but I laughed anyway.