Don't steal this guy's idea or he'll get VERY upset..... anyone feel like offering some sound help on this one?

Hi everyone my name is Daniel and I have a reality show idea that will blow other shows out of the water. But, I need your help LA to make this happen. I need producers, writers and different people who are willing to work with me to make this happen, also will need someone to put up a small budget to make this happen.

The show is a reality show called "The Shelter" where 7 homeless men or women who are recovering addicts or have potential/funny mental problems from the Skid Row area will live in a house for one month and their lives will be taped. On top of being taped the 7 candidates (I like to call them candidates) will be made to do household chores, interact with farm animals (not sexual), and even look for jobs. I would like to rent a nice house in the Hollywood/Silver Lake area too make this happen, and post the show on YouTube or even try and get it to the Fox network. 

I would ask that when you call me you would call with an open mind and as well DO NOT try and steal my show idea, I'm copyrighting this thing so please show some respect.

My phone number is (213) xxxxxxxxx or email me xxxxxxxxxxx.com but please call or text, email if you can help out.

Thank you and your generosity is appreciated.

If that idea is serious it makes me embarassed to be a human being.  Do I smell a CL troll?

"I have a reality show idea that will blow other shows out of the water. "

why is this person pitching this project to the paupers..?

OK,  I think it is a dumb idea,  but if I knew what were the great ideas, I wouldn't be on a sound mixers forum...

All right,  everyone who read that, line up... you'll have to sign a NDA...

" you will be considered for the next full rate job that **** produces."

The sound person who worked on ****'s last full rate job will do them a favor..??

"***** & *****  are looking for a sound recordist for a [major car manufacturer] spec spot shooting this Friday evening (the 31st) and from 8am-2pm on Saturday (the 1st). The job is non-paying, but can be considered deferred payment, as you will be considered for the next full rate job that **** produces."

I'd tell them, "I'll work on this one at my full rate, but I give you my word, I'll give you a huge discount on the next one." 

Requirements:
Your own transportation ( bus and train fine jus to be on time )
At least 5D or 7D fillming camera for good quality
We are going to need Lightening (sometimes not required in daytime filming)
We are also going to need filming Mic's so the listeners on tv can here us when filming.

Compensation: I will offer $50 per taping plus food and gas. it may be up to 12 tapings first episode.

In same forum..another sucky but far more lucrative gig:

Well known adult production studio in the city is looking for women interested in working behind the scenes as fluffers.
Must be disease free, testing will be required.
Please include a face pic with your reply

$250 Per Scene you are hired for whether you are needed or not

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: $250 Per Scene you are hired for whether you are needed or not

This one is a little scary.  Willing to fly in sound person from anywhere and pay for hotel because that is cheaper than hiring a local professional...

Looking for a Sound Recordist/Mixer with own equipment.

Reality Show filming in Las Vegas called (Mayweather's House starring Floyd mayweather Sr.)
Boxing theme Show
Must have own equipment (please list)
pay: $250 daily
filming 5 days a week for 4-5 weeks
Filming on Dslr's

Flight and Room paid for

Great opportunity!

http://mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=54970599&skill=all&terr=usny

You gotta love this one:

NEED AUDIO & BOOM OP FOR SHORT FILM (ATLANTA) We are shooting a short film on June 22 & 23, but will only need audio on one of those days. The entire scene will take place inside of a car outside.

And from a different listing:

The production has a low budget and we are open to negations that create business relationships that will not only benefit your resume but also your film services/career as well.

Flight and room paid for = Here is the broom closet at Circus Circus, you'll get used to the ammonia scent rather quickly. You want me to speak up? The biplane didn't provide you with earplugs...or goggles? We'll have a word with them about that!

This one is a little scary.  Willing to fly in sound person from anywhere and pay for hotel because that is cheaper than hiring a local professional...

Looking for a Sound Recordist/Mixer with own equipment.

Reality Show filming in Las Vegas called (Mayweather's House starring Floyd mayweather Sr.)
Boxing theme Show
Must have own equipment (please list)
pay: $250 daily
filming 5 days a week for 4-5 weeks
Filming on Dslr's

Flight and Room paid for

Great opportunity!

http://mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=54970599&skill=all&terr=usny

This one is a little scary.  Willing to fly in sound person from anywhere and pay for hotel...

Looking for a Sound Recordist/Mixer with own equipment....

Flight and Room paid for

Great opportunity!

Where does it say "hotel"? If the shoot is five weeks, you probably get to share a room in a walkup apartment in Henderson. And pay for your own tuna subs.... 

While this CL posting is not sound specific it is amusing:

FILM MAKER WANTED (Pittsburgh) We are looking for someone to film our movie that we made. We also need you to make it for us. thanks. Other than that we will get everything taken care of.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: It depends on how good of a job you do.

There's a new rash of staff jobs I see popping up all over the place, where they basically ask for somebody who can do the following:

• edit video with Final Cut Pro or Avid

• mix audio with Pro Tools (or the equivalent)

• have basic camera and lighting skills to shoot in-studio interviews 

• use Photoshop to fix photos

• use Resolve (or a similar program) to color-correct video

• use After Effects to create composites and titles

• know a variety of compression programs to encode and upload streaming video

• know web design and HTML to build websites

• have basic IT skills to maintain our computers and internet connections.

I look at this stuff and say, "jesus, they're asking for one person to basically do the job of six or seven people!" (Or more!) Just insane.

I'm reminded of how the Chicago Sun-Times just laid off 28 staff photographers, and announced that they're going to train all their reporters to just start using their iPhones to shoot the necessary shots for the paper.

There are times I'm convinced that the world is going to hell, especially journalism...

I'm reminded of how the Chicago Sun-Times just laid off 28 staff photographers, and announced that they're going to train all their reporters to just start using their iPhones to shoot the necessary shots for the paper.

There are times I'm convinced that the world is going to hell, especially journalism...

My friend is a staff reporter at La Opinión, and they also have that problem. She refuses to take pictures, but I've seen other reporters snapping away, apparently unaware that they're contributing to the problem…

BK

My friend is a staff reporter at La Opinión, and they also have that problem. She refuses to take pictures, but I've seen other reporters snapping away, apparently unaware that they're contributing to the problem…

BK

The layoff of 28 photographers and reporters getting a class in iPhonography is being pushed as a story that it isn't. Their reporters have already been taking pictures, and are just being taught how to do it better. I can see the argument that some events do not need a dedicated professional photographer. Those articles never have had a photo in the print version of the paper, but now online they throw some pictures up. The layoffs are probably part of a bigger world of newspaper layoffs and not that reporters are stealing their jobs with an iPhone.

I am guessing a lot of the reporter iPhone photography is also speed as much as anything else. The idea of shooting pictures on a 5D, driving back to the office, popping in the card, bla bla bla is fine for a big story, but even newspapers are caught up in the 24/7 breaking news cycle. They can blog or tweet photos as the event happens and the photographer is en route to location.

The story is that the AP requested the ability to shoot video on the 5D so their photo journalists could shoot video. I'm sure the video people were not so happy about that, but we never heard a backlash. People were more interested in the ability to shoot video on their DSLR.

The layoff of 28 photographers and reporters getting a class in iPhonography is being pushed as a story that it isn't.

Tell that to the 28 people holding picket signs outside the Chicago Sun-Times building:

r-CHICAGO-SUNTIMES-PHOTOGRAPHERS-large57

Sadly, I suspect this picture was taken with an iPhone. 

No matter what you tell me, to me, this is yet another sign of the downward slide of journalism, ethics, and the overall downward spiral of employment, especially in the newspaper business.

• 2 weeks later...

Union Jobs are deferred pay:

Reply s9zbt-3883426711@gigs.craigslist.org [?]  flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of 

Posted: 2013-06-20, 9:39AM PDT

Looking for audio guy (LA) Looking for an audio recorder for Friday 21st for 6 hours. We will be shooting a union short film. We have a small budget meaning payment will be deferred, however we have a very high end production, crew and cast. Contact for more details. Must have your own equipment.
  • Compensation: no pay

Posting ID: 3883426711

email to a friend

I am guessing a lot of the reporter iPhone photography is also speed as much as anything else. The idea of shooting pictures on a 5D, driving back to the office, popping in the card, bla bla bla is fine for a big story, but even newspapers are caught up in the 24/7 breaking news cycle. They can blog or tweet photos as the event happens and the photographer is en route to location.

The story is that the AP requested the ability to shoot video on the 5D so their photo journalists could shoot video. I'm sure the video people were not so happy about that, but we never heard a backlash. People were more interested in the ability to shoot video on their DSLR.

Photographers have been sending pictures back to the newsroom electronically/wirelessly for years. Way before the 5D was released. 

And as the story was told to me by a couple people at Canon, it was Reuters who wanted to add video recording to the cameras their still photogs were using. 

Also, where did you hear that Fun-Times reporters were already (or had been previously?) been taking pictures that I presume were used in the paper? Could be that's so, but I'd guess the Chicago Newspaper Guild wasn't that happy about that. And I'd think that if some reporters' images have been used, it wasn't SOP...as it will be now. I could be wrong. I'm not trying to call you out. But this is an interesting story to me so I'd like to know more.

I don't think this isn't a story. It's definitely not a new story, just the latest in a long series. Like with the PBS NewsHour eliminating 15 (or so) jobs as they close their Denver and SF offices. Or with any of the many many stories over the last dozen years:

http://www.poynter.org/tag/layoffsbuyoutsstaff-cuts/

Union Jobs are deferred pay:

Reply s9zbt-3883426711@gigs.craigslist.org [?] 

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-06-20, 9:39AM PDT

Looking for audio guy (LA)

Looking for an audio recorder for Friday 21st for 6 hours. We will be shooting a union short film. We have a small budget meaning payment will be deferred, however we have a very high end production, crew and cast. Contact for more details. Must have your own equipment.

• Compensation: no pay
Posting ID: 3883426711

email to a friend

Hopefully some own will pass this on to the unions involved, and shut the production down.