Got this one via FaceBook, emphasis is mine and italic is my text...

Crew Call for Hellfire: An Action Conspiracy Short Film 

Hellfire is an action conspiracy short shot on a Red Scarlet(!). Expect to have a lot of fun for all involved shooting this short. It is unpaid, though a good opportunity to gain experience and network with other actors and filmmakers and expand your showreel.

If you can share this with your friends who may suit, we'd appreciate it.

Decisions will be made on Sunday August 4.

Production Sound Mixer (Sound Recorder Guy) HAHA...what?
With own gear.

Production Assistant

Make Up Artist: Thu-Sun will involve blood effects. Tue and Wed are just typical hair and make up.

Venues:
Tue: Gold Coast - THIS IS A MINIMUM 1 HOUR DRIVE (traffic and heavy roadworks in the area)
Wed: Fortitude Valley, Brisbane POSSIBLY THE NOISIEST PART OF THE CITY
Thu – Sun: Kanghur, just over the border in NSW AGAIN, MINIMUM 1.5HR DRIVE

It is a good idea to copy/paste the listing, as they tend to go away...

Labor of love to mow my lawn (Anywhere ) I need my lawn mowed. I don't have lawn mower so you need to provide your own equipment. This is a chance for you to gain incredible experience. I'm very passionate about my yard. I will provide water for you to drink and will give you credit for the work you do. Please send resume with references. Serious individuals only. I'm only interested in passionate people.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cwg/3973103377.html

Sound Recordist $150 a day firm (Los Angeles)

Need a sound recordist with a quality boom mic, two lavs, recorder and a comtex. Friday and Saturday only. FULLY STAFFED PROJECT, NO OTHER CREW, TALENT or EQUIPMENT NEEDED. Please stop sending me your headshots and police uniforms rentals. The rate is the rate for labor and gear. I expect to get at least two dozen or more responses to this based on previous post so please:

- list your equipment in email

- your agreeing to the days and rate.

- your resume posted in email (no attachments or website links)

- imdb page

If you do not read this email all the way through and do exactly that, you will not be considered.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: yes

I expect to screw several dozen people out of something during pre-production alone, so don't bother being authentic.

(the impunity of this low-baller is appaling)

Someone should offer 80K worth of gear for 100/day just to find out where they are shooting, then bow out, and show up with a leaf blower and go all "Dickensian ghosts of movies past" on him to teach him some humility; he needs an attitude adjustment.

best

Someone should offer 80K worth of gear for 100/day just to find out where they are shooting, then bow out, and show up with a leaf blower and go all "Dickensian ghosts of movies past" on him to teach him some humility; he needs an attitude adjustment.

best

I so want to do this… Common decency keeps me from doing it, though, but this guy -and many others- certainly deserves it.

BK

CL gold lately.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cwg/3978262088.html

Location Sound Mixer wanted- $200K feature (Los Angeles)

Location Mixer wanted- $200K feature, shooting 6 weeks in Mojave desert Oct 16- Nov. 23. Very small crew. $750/week & allowance for your sound equipment rental. Must have own professional wireless mics, transmitters & receivers (min 7 units). Full catering and lodging will be provided also.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: $750/week for 6 weeks.

"Looking for a free CF card as well".

Clearly sunday-league stuff, which I don't object to as people are free to be creative, but bring your own CF card buddy!

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/cwg/3968843283.html

"-Must have own gear (lav, boom,Zoom or other combos would be great . Must work with 5D) PLEASE NOTE: my budget is TINY!

but there is a perk in doing this interview."

I'm dying to find out what the "perk" is…

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Aug 14th. I better be ready to jump through hoops in showing my skillset off for no pay!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cwg/4002494587.html

Sound / Boom operator needed! (Burbank, CA) We're currently looking for a Professional Sound/Boom operatort for an action short film. IMDB credit. SAG-AFTRA member (optional). Craft Service will be provided. One day shoot.

Be ready to show your portfolio online.

Deadline: August 16.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

We're currently looking for a Professional Sound/Boom operatort for an action short film. IMDB credit. SAG-AFTRA member 

How many boom ops belong to the talent unions? Sort of a different craft, ain't it?

Or are you also asking that your DP be a member of AGVA... of course the crafties should all be Equity...

Now: are your actors IBEW or IA?

Amen to that posting. CL is not the best place for gigs. I was basically hired do something from CL to do for Coke that actually paid decently and that was easy. The director or whoever it was went to shoot without telling me / probably decided to hire someone else without telling me. I did not drink Coke for months after that.