Beers + Snacks.. possibly a tuna sandwich.

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

a day ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Looking for a Sound Guy- Comedy short video (Topanga Canyon)
00a0a_8dLhyMh63dz_600x450.jpg
compensation: beer/snacks
My comedy partner and I are filming a comedy short this Saturday Dec. 13th. We are looking for a sound guy who has equipment. The shoot would be from 11am-3pm. The sketch will be featured on the front page of Funny or Die. We will be providing beer and snacks and we promise you will have fun working with us. This will be a very fun shoot and a great credit. Please email me.

Cheers!
Laura D
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4800803064

posted: 

a day ago  

updated: 

a day ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Angelo quoted CL : " The sketch will be featured on the front page of Funny or Die." 

how do they know this?  I think they may be dreaming...

"  we promise you will have fun working with us." 

unreasonable expectations, or ..?

" This will be a very fun shoot "

not if I'm working

" and a great credit. "

also in your dreams...

I've worked on some of those Funny Or Die shorts. They were generally better on the latter then they were on the former. Never got fed well, either.

I have also worked for Funny or Die, as a company, but a lot of people who submit content to their site (which is a lot like Youtube as far as submitting goes) just throw the word around like you're actually working for the company. Also, they Net-60'd me.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year......

and here is a good one for you.......a POS in the making.

DIALOG FULLY IMPROVISED BY THE ACTORS!

(They want it to be "Natural and Realistic")

This will cut well!

x prohibited[?]

Posted: 

11 hours ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Audio person for low budget film wanted (silverlake/los angeles)

6540.png6540.png6541.png6541.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: Please send your day or hour prices

Hello my name is Josh Rivera and I am making a low budget independent film, we are shooting for about 6 different days with various times. If you are an audio person who owns a boom mic and would be interested in this film would you please email me back with your day and or hour rates you charge, I am looking for someone who owns their own boom mic, I do have a Zoom H5 Recorder but the boom mic and operator are needed. 

dates and times 

january 10 5pm - 11pm

January 15 7pm - 11pm

january 16 9am - 11pm

january 17 9 am - 11pm

january 18 12pm - 1130

january 25 930am - 6pm in Laguna beach

if you are interested please get back to me with your rates and leave your number so I can contact you thanks. 

As for the film itself, it's sort of a different take on a romantic movie, as it is about two characters Jack and Karen who met each other in Las Vegas and got married in that weekend, he lives in New York and she lives in LA so it never really worked out, the film takes place on the weekend Jack is going to get a divorce from his wife Karen and during their last weekend they start to fall for each other again. The film is plotted out but the dialogue will be fully improvised by the actors, we are going for something natural and realistic, more in the style of a John Cassavetes film. Please get back to me as soon as possible if you are interested , thanks .

I don't have a problem with him doing a fully plotted but ad-libbed movie; some of our most admired filmmakers / TV creators have been guilty of that.

I've worked on films that were skillfully cut out of adlib dialog. If you accept their mumblecore esthetic, it can be fine. Mumblecore in the sense of style, by the way; these were properly boomed (or lav'd with isos, when appropriate) and sounded fine.

What I love, however, is that he's looking for a presumably professional mixer with a boom mic and established rate... to feed his Zoom! Why doesn't he just gafftape it to a paint pole like other wannabe's? Or use that properly boomed mic and go single system...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here you go..... a soundie's chance to step up to the better life:

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

11 days ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  LOOKING FOR SOUND PERSON WHO'S INTERESTED IN PRODUCING. (north hollywood)
compensation: no pay

LOOKING FOR SOUND PERSON AS WELL AS INTERESTED IN PRODUCING A FEATURE FILM WITH AN AWARD NOMINATED AND WINNING ACTOR/WRITER/DIRECTOR PRODUCER.

He would be awarded percentage ownership, as well as being a (Exec) Producer on the film as well as deferred payment. Preferably with own equipment but not a must.

post id: 4896925517

posted: 

11 days ago  

updated: 

20 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

In an 'Emergency' the price goes way up to $200.

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

45 minutes ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Emergency sound needed NOW (A ton)
compensation: 200

Need someone immediately for an interview in Acton, CA! Starts in 45min

post id: 4932041447

posted: 

45 minutes ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Typical these days... either they hired someone for $100 who decided a day at the beach today was more fruitful, or... like the growing trend goes... Sound is the last thought on their mind, and the director and Producer just thought about it... 

Hold out to 15 min. before they shoot... it may go to $225

This is some good boom here, just need a post person to fix it

Plus you get back end payment!!!

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

13 hours ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Audio Engineer wanted for post-production phase of indie feature film (LA / NYC / Philadelphia)
00I0I_iK7UGKhnQVP_600x450.jpg

00I0I_iK7UGKhnQVP_50x50c.jpg00505_ebNsPiUk0Bl_50x50c.jpg00707_bQSqIBh2IeQ_50x50c.jpg00u0u_gQX9bjnfwnu_50x50c.jpg
compensation: Equity and IMDB/Screen credit

Indie Feature Film is looking for a person to be Audio Engineer for the post-production phase. 

This person will make the audio mix, working with the editing crew and music supervisors.

The shooting is completed, and the film is currently in post production edits. The rough cut of the edit should be ready mid to end of April.

Compensation for everyone on the project is by equity agreement and back-end payout, as well as IMDB database and Film Screen credit. Please do not apply if this arrangement is not workable for you. 

This position is for an up and coming audio person who has some experience with film and is looking for a that right opportunity to build their careers. Some experience with mixing video/film sound is preferred. 

For more information, see the project website - www.cafeartistmovie.com, and our IMDB page at - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4002218/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1.

If interested, email us for a quick response. Please reply with the following information, numbered as follows, 1, 2 and 3: 

(1) first and last name, 

(2) email address, 

(3) phone number. 

Thank you !!!!

post id: 4931858642

posted: 

13 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

• 2 weeks later...