JUST IN FROM UPSTATE NY

They are making good money in NY... like $50 more than I usually see.

But they also provide transportation for this horror POS...and this is what bothers me. They will get you out in the woods, in a cabin (in the woods) and you will be stuck out there, this will be the real horror. (Don't drink the water)

Posted: 

print

Sound Recordist (mixer) for short film

compensation: $200

Seeking a sound recordist (mixer) for a short horror film shooting in upstate NY Aug 2-5. Must have experience capturing on-set sound. Ideal candidate will have at least a 4 channel recorder, a boom, and three wireless lavaliere microphones.

We will only consider applicants who send past examples of on-set sound.

Pay is $200 and all transportation, food, and lodging will be covered.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5127304013

posted: 

updated: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

JUST IN FROM ZANESVILLE, WV

$500   !!! Yah, and it's not $500 a day, but $500 for 20 days! Now hold on a sec....that's $25 a day.

Not a lot of dialog, so you can hang around the crafty table and know the true meaning of "Deferred Pay Up The Back End"!

Make sure they have a lot of paper towels.

Posted: 

print

Production Sound Mixer Needed For Feature Film (Zanesville)

6197.png6197.png6198.png6198.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: $500 / Copy / Credit / Meal

Low budget feature film looking for experienced Production Sound Mixer located in central Ohio. Candidates must own their own equipment -- mixer, wireless lavs, boom, etc.

The project tentatively titled "Techno Western" is a cross between True Detective and Stand By Me. Synopsis: When a woman disappears in a small town, a young boy begins a quest to find the man responsible. But his summer of detective fun-and-games proves darker than imagined as we learn who he's up against.

The project will be shot by a tiny, two man crew from Los Angeles who previously shot "ThanksKilling" locally in 2007. We're such a small production that we're planning to record the sound ourselves using a zoom recorder. Our rental costs would be around $500, so we figured maybe there's someone local who might be able to do it for a similar rate.

All we can offer up front is $500. It's negotiable to a small degree, including more money in deferred payments on the backend.

We're looking to shoot for 15 - 20 days from roughly August 5 -- August 30. There are large chunks of the movie without dialog and a lot of MOS stuff so we foresee it being a somewhat flexible shooting schedule as far as sound is concerned. 

Most shooting locations will be around Zanesville and Newark.

Please email if interested and include any resumes, gear lists, links to previous work, etc.

THANK YOU!

You can check out a short horror film we recently produced here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yloNnvdWBU0

post id: 5122814047

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

JUST IN FROM WV

PAY DIRT

This might be my best lead to date. Don't you'all fight over it.

A $250 a day pack mule job for 7 weeks. Use there gear, their hotel, their food. I bet they give you a free can of snuff every day!

Posted: 

print

Field Audio Operator Needed (West Virginia)

6244.png6244.png6245.png6245.png

(google map)

compensation: $250 per day (12) hour day

We are filming a small cable network reality show... We are looking for an Audio Mixer in the Los Angeles area who has Reality TV experience..

The Production supplies all of the Audio Gear... Candidate must be willing to travel to West Virginia for 7 weeks.. The Production will provide all transportation and hotel costs...

Please respond with Resume and Referrals......

Position starts on 7-26 for Show Prep.
Position travels on 7-28 returning the first week of September..

post id: 5128359684

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Edited by Angelo Waldron
This new JW website is a bit wonky West Virginia really has it going on, don't it?

JUST IN FROM MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN

You do the trailer for free, and they will pay you for doing the film.

I thought you shot the film first? Anyway, it's probably good pay, as this bitch is going to Sundance!!!

I bet you are just dying to go to Utah, sit in bars and pipe dream with all those directors, they are the ones wearing a beret and will have some kind of lens on a lanyard around their neck.

Boom & Mixer needed for Trailer & Film

no pay

Chase Lemonade, a heartwarming coming of age tale of a young boy's ambitions to be successful with a lemonade stand--that quickly becomes a chain of lemonade stands.

DATES NEEDED:
JULY 31st - AUGUST 1st (trailer)
SEPTEMBER 7th - 18th (movie)

HOURS:
8am - 5pm daily

Please send us examples of your work, we would like to meet with you! This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants a shot at getting their name out there, and a great chance to gain experience.

The film is going to be submitted to Sundance and possibly a few other festivals. All walks of life welcome but we are looking for people who love film as much as we do, and once you read the script, we're sure you will.

PAY:
The two days shooting the trailer will be unpaid, if you are able to do audio for the trailer OR the film but not both, let me know, it doesn't need to be the same person.

$$$$$
IF WE MEET GO-FUND-ME GOALS WE WILL BE ABLE TO PAY YOU FOR DOING AUDIO FOR HELPING US WITH PRODUCTION OF THE FILM. We currently have a large budget as we will be using the Arris Alexa and other high quality equipment. Yes, we're the real deal. 

Please email all inquiries to A.D. Skye
  •  

Subway sales are down:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/why-subways-sales-are-falling-fast.html/?a=viewall

Those Lectro-Larry T-shirts will become collectors items.

I am betting the Tuna sandwich will remain ever popular, but it will be replaced with a Jersey Mike's Tuna sand. This places are popping up all over here in Los Angeles.

Edited by Angelo Waldron
I am not that complete with my info

JUST IN FROM SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

$350 for less than 3 hours! Just think how much money you will have to buy that good Seattle Sinsemilla. 

Posted: 

print

BOOM/AUDIO person needed - 3 hours - $350 (Seattle)

5721.png5721.png5722.png5722.png

(google map)

compensation: $350

I'm looking to recruit a boom/audio person for a corporate video in Seattle. The shoot is Wednesday July 22th from 9:45 AM - 12 Noon.

We will be shooting a roundtable discussion using a mix of lavs and boom. You'll need to mic a person, operate boom and record sound. If you have your own equipment, that's a huge plus! 

Please attach a brief resume and work reel (if possible).

Thank you so much!

post id: 5116625081

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Edited by Angelo Waldron

JUST IN FROM ATLANTA, GEORGIA 

Atlanta has it going on! No pay, but I think you need to be in a select type of club to work this gig.

DJANGO UNCHAINED required viewing.

Posted: 

print

Sound Engineer for Individually Wrapped (Atlanta GA)

6555.png6555.png6556.png6556.png

(google map)

no pay

Looking for a SOUND ENGINEER with gear for Individually Wrapped (Aug. 7th and 8th) the story of a klansman who has a midlife crisis when he realizes that realtors in Brooklyn are better at driving minorities out of their neighborhoods with price hikes than white supremacists are with burning crosses.

You will receive COPY, IMDB CREDIT, PLENTY OF FOOD, and the opportunity for ongoing work with a group of super-artistic people doing what they love to do!
  •  

JUST IN FROM CLACKAMAS, OREGON

My daughter always refers to it as "Crackamas." It's where they shot all the COPS series busting the hookers on the street....Hwy 213 north of "Crackamas Town Center"

These guys are a "grove" of digital movie makers for the love of "Collaboration."  Nothing else to do there but the crack.

NEED: Boom Operator / Sound Mixer / Audio Guru for Production Crew! (PDX / CLACKAMAS)

no pay

FOURRESTFILMS.COM | Short Films & Web Series 

We are currently looking for a volunteer Boom Operator, and/or Sound Mixer 21+ in the Portland, Oregon area with their own equipment (wireless lavaliers a plus) and some past experience on a set, and/or with post production editing and mixing. 

THIS IS NOT A PAYING GIG
THERE IS NO COMPENSATION
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER COLLABORATION ROLE

We are an Oregon based grove of local talent collectively producing digital films for the pure satisfaction of collaborating. This will never be a paying role. Only inquire if you are interested in the collaboration process. 

Check us out on www.fourrestfilms.com/ 

Thanks for your time and attention to our post. Once we receive your information, we will contact you with more available information about who we are and our plans for this year. It can take up to 1-2 days before we respond to your message.

post id: 5079015245

posted: 

updated: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

No contact info?if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email. 

Edited by Angelo Waldron
I would take the gig but my family is in the tree killing business.

JUST IN FROM LOS ANGELES

Posted: 

print

SOUND RECORDIST/ BOOM OPERATOR

compensation: $450 flat rate for a 3-day shoot with meals, credit and copy.

Sound Recordist / Boom Operator - $450 flat rate for 3 day shoot. 

Seeking professional Sound Recordist / Boom Operator with own gear for three days of shooting on a 12-minute short indie drama. This is a low-budget production so we need a one-man-show who can do it all. Must own LAVs and Boom Mic. Must have own transportation.

Info about the project: 12-minute HD short film

Shoot dates: During the timeframe of Aug 8-12

Synopsis: Joel and Djenne, two poor, white parents living in South Los Angeles, struggle to make a better life for their son and overcome Joel's criminal past.

Reference films to give you an idea of the style: 
- La Haine
- Polytechnique
- Any film by the Dardenne Brothers: L'Enfant, La Promesse, Rosetta,Two Days One Night.

Some information about the Producer / Director team: We are from Canada, newly immigrated to the USA. We produced the 2012 feature, Son of the Sunshine, which premiered as one of the 'Top 5 Films to Watch' at Slamdance and was nominated for a Genie Award (Canadian Oscars). The film was called "A gem of filmmaking genius. . ." by the National Post and played at over 30 festivals and in theatres. We have several other projects in development including another short that shoots in fall 2015 and a new feature which shoots in spring 2016.

post id: 5136991573

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Edited by Angelo Waldron

JUST IN FROM LOS ANGELES

And I am pretty disgusted. I get the "save the film" thing, but when you go on the internet and ask for free short ends, and then start asking for sound.. and then a crew...and a director (for a feature), this is one big pipe dream without a plan that is going to be stopped in it's tracks probably at Fotokem when this guy starts asking for free developing and scan.  Notice the photo... looking up to the pie in the sky?

Posted: 

print

Sound man 35mm film stock to be used in a feature film documentary

image 1image 2image 3

no pay

Keep Film Alive! Film Is Not Dead
I need sound man with equipment
I am needed donations of 35mm film stock to be used in a feature film documentary about saving film called KEEP FILM ALIVE! Film is not Dead! I will be shoot interviews with movie industry leaders August 10th,11th,12th,13th,14th 2015. If you could donate some film stock to my shoot it would be very much appreciated. The locations are below where you could drop it off. Thank you!

I am looking for some volunteers that wound help me out as a new feature film documentary film director. I have information below that explains my film. Shooting at Clairmont Cameras, Otto Nemenz and Panavision!

I need a set designer, key grip, 2nd camera man (who has worked with ArriFlex & Panavision Film cameras, A Director of Photography who has worked with 35mm film cameras, on set audio engineer with equipment. I am also would like some one who owners a film camera or digital camera to shoot behind the scenes footage of the interviews being done. I need very professional people who have worked on features films around famous talent who know how to behave professionally. I will need help on the following dates August 10th,11th,12th,13th,14th 2015

You will receive credit for your work in the film credits. I know that because this not a paying gig you may not be available for the whole week of shooting so please let me know which days you will be available. 
Edited by Angelo Waldron

If I had the strength, I'd write the guy and say, "one of the most important parts of the motion picture business is the business. Shoot a 1-minute presentation with all your bullet points, narrate it, shoot it on any camera you want, and post it to Kickstarter and raise the money for a proper budget. Merely having the idea is not enough; executing the idea is everything. 

"And watch Keanu Reeves' 2012 documentary Side by Side. I think most of the pro and con comments about film have already been made. Even that film couldn't get Spielberg to comment, as I recall."

Edited by Marc Wielage

JUST IN FROM LOS ANGELES

This is how they shoot features for theatrical release in LA.. 4 hour shoot schedule...easy huh?

All you need is a couple of "lives"....because they are going to kill you. Maybe they just want one master shot... and it better not be a broken master, heaven forbid!:mellow:

Posted: 

print

Sound Guy Needed FEATURE FILM (Theater)

6534.png6534.png6535.png6535.png

(google map)

compensation: $100 for the day

Looking for a sound guy for Next THURSDAY JULY 30TH at 3:45pm to 8pm. For a little over 3 hours. 1 scene. Pay is $100 for the few hours. Must have own equipment. a few lives, boom, sound mixer etc. If interested please respond with samples of your work. 

post id: 5140175412

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

JUST IN FROM THE LAND OF GRANOLA

I just love this add. This will pay for my whole vacation (holiday).

Posted: 

print

Production Audio Gear for Rent

no pay

I'm a sound mixer/boom op with some gear that i'm looking to rent out while im away on vacation. I have the following items available:

-1 Zoom H6 Portable Recorder
-1 Sennheiser ME66 Shotgun Microphone
-2 Sennheiser G3 Wireless Lavalier Kits (including the ME 2 and MKE 2 Microphones)
-1 8ft Basic Boom Pole w/ Shock Mount
-1 Sony MDR 7506 Headphones

I'll be away for 2 weeks so that is going to be the rental period: Wednesday July 29th to Wednesday August 12. This equipment can easily go for over $150/day at most other rental houses but since the rental period will be so long i'm only asking for $50/Day.

post id: 5142362726

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Edited by Angelo Waldron
Isn't this Senator Michaels kit?

JUST IN FROM GRANTS PASS, OREGON

OK.. this is NOT a sound job, but I find Grants Pass to be a really red-neckie place.. sort of has it's own spot in my heart.

At this time of the year the weather is usually 105 F degrees 24 hours a day... that's 40 C for most of the world.. very comfortable.

And I would like to point out that although I am not getting very many replies to this thread, there are about 350 views per week ..RIGHT HERE! Don't be afraid, I know you all need the work.

Posted: 

print

Amazing Cook Needed for Feature Film Shoot in Southern Oregon (Grants Pass, OR)

6053.png6053.png6052.png6052.png6054.png6054.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map)

compensation: Very Low Pay; Negotiable

Hi and Good Day!!

I am reaching out on behalf of a film team shooting a low budget Feature Film in and around Grants Pass, Oregon this summer called Boundary Springs - www.boundarysprings.com. 

We are looking for an AWESOME up and coming cook to prepare meals for our Cast & Crew. This cook could be in culinary school still, someone interested in the world of cooking and wants to give it a try cooking for an extremely kind and grateful film crew, or someone that just likes cooking food for people and is in the mood to do it this summer for 24 days from July 6th through August 1st (6 days a week; with Sundays off.)

Please feel free to check out the website www.boundarysprings.com which explains a lot more details about the film, and shows you a visual lookbook as well as a link to our teaser video shot for our Kickstarter campaign. 

We understand the importance of having a well fed cast and crew and how 'good food' nourishes people physically, mentally and emotionally to bring their A Game onto the film set each day. So our plan is to provide home made meals that are made with good energy and healthy ingredients.

We hope to connect with someone who is more interested in the art of cooking rather than the monetary compensation being the driving force of their involvement.

Thank you for your consideration of joining our team to make this film and we look forward to your response,

Aziza Ngozi
Co-Producer
www.boundarysprings.com
Edited by Angelo Waldron
Can't spell

JIST IN FROM LAND OF GRANOLA

They will pay you on this one, PLUS, you will get "Digital Promotions" ....outstanding!

Posted: 

print

Location Sound Mixer Needed For Feature Film (Los Angeles)

compensation: we are taking bids.

We are currently producing an indie film (Horror/Comedy) and are in need of a talented sound mixer to capture audio on set.

Approximately 10 shoot days - Starting late September / early October 

Although our budget is very limited, This IS a paying gig! AND we can compensate with digital promotions plus more from our sponsors!

Please email us your resume and info so we can check you out ASAP.
-Thanks

post id: 5146018180

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

JUST IN FROM THE GRANOLA FACTORY.

Yes, Venice Beach, California. This is where they actually manufacture and process the fruits, nuts, and flakes into granola.

I like the granola bars the best.  Sound and MU just a half day....put the MU on and no need for touch ups. Same with the sound.

Somebody is coming to town and wants to make a worthy environmental (mostly mental) web video. Bring a couple of joints with you. Sunset at Venice Beach is special!

Posted: 

print

3-4 person video crew needed Friday (Venice Beach)

6545.png6546.png6545.png6545.png6546.png6546.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

Washington Blvd at Speedway

(google map)

compensation: varies by position- competitive

writer/producer coming to town this Friday, July 31, to shoot a piece for web video featuring a non-profit and a very worthy environmental cause. Mostly, it will be two talking heads, outdoors. A few other pick up shots as well. Will need a camera owner/operator, a combo grip/gaffer, and a sound person (afternoon - half day) and make up person (afternoon - half day). That's all we have budget for. Please send me any relevant links, your rates, and let me know if you're available Friday for this west-side shoot. With winds kicking up in the afternoon on the Coast I expect it to be challenging for the sound person. You should know how to pull it off despite the wind.
Thanks.
  •  

Say what you really feel, Marc.

Here is one:...SOUNDIE LURED TO SET BY SWEET FEMALE P.A.

LOL.. oldest trick in the book. This guy thought he was going to get some.. 

Posted: 

print

Audio for FIlm (Hollywood)

compensation: $150

Are you reading this? Then you ,like me are looking for work in the Movie/ Film/Production gigs postings here on Clist. If you are working for less than $150 a day with your own equipment then you are cheating your self. I recently accepted work and then after phone conversations allowed the "sweet sounding" PA to the Producer /Director talk me into driving 60 miles one way, being on the set of a high budget shoot, full camera crew, full gaffer team, grip team, 4 PA's and top level actors.14 hour day...all for ....wait for it.....$50!...... that's $3.57 @hour!!! I admit I was kind and allowed myself to be lured in by the sweet young PA who said they really could not afford to pay more.......so please skip over the no pay and the $100 gigs that these people are taking advantage of us...If your spending money on good gear you deserved to be paid fairly. Just my random thoughts . But if we dont respond to these people then we all benefit. Best of luck in your search for work. Honestly, I did enjoy the job on set but it was not really worth it. so beaware....have great day.

post id: 5146549902

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

JUST IN FROM GRANOLA LAND:

This MoFo has just upgraded his CL add from "no pay" to "$75"

which is about the same really:

Posted: 

print

Sound man for 35mm film shoot Pay $75.00 (North Hollywood)

compensation: Record sound for interviews

Keep Film Alive! Film Is Not Dead
I need sound man with equipment $75.00 a day

and make up artist!
I am needed donations of 35mm film stock to be used in a feature film documentary about saving film called KEEP FILM ALIVE! Film is not Dead! I will be shoot interviews with movie industry leaders August 10th,11th,12th,13th,14th 2015. If you could donate some film stock to my shoot it would be very much appreciated. The locations are below where you could drop it off. Thank you!

I am looking for some volunteers that wound help me out as a new feature film documentary film director. I have information below that explains my film.

I need a set designer, key grip, 2nd camera man (who has worked with ArriFlex & Panavision Film cameras, A Director of Photography who has worked with 35mm film cameras, on set audio engineer with equipment. I am also would like some one who owners a film camera or digital camera to shoot behind the scenes footage of the interviews being done. I need very professional people who have worked on features films around famous talent who know how to behave professionally. I will need help on the following dates August 10th,11th,12th,13th,14th 2015

You will receive credit for your work in the film credits. I know that because this not a paying gig you may not be available for the whole week of shooting so please let me know which days you will be available.

sterling sherrill

post id: 5154687397

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

MORE DAILY GRANOLA

HEY.. even SoundMixers are major assholes:

Unions Standard Equipment.......No Zaxcom allowed.

Posted: 

print

Need a Sound Mixer (Los Angeles)

compensation: $50/day chance to learn union standard equipment

Hello Fellow Sound Mixers, I Have A Great Opportunity For You To Work Along Side A Established Sound Mixer. I Have A 788T Recorder/Mixer,Lectrosonics Transmitters And Receivers, Along With 416 Boom(All Union Standard). I Need Someone To Learn How To Use The Gear For A Full Day By My Side and Then Be By Yourself The 5-6-7Th Of This month. I Got Booked For Itv So I Have To Take It. Email Me For A Little Bit About The Job, Pay Will Be 50$ A Day, The Crew Will Provide Breakfast And lunch. Experience Sound Mixing Required. Job Starts Tomorrow.

post id: 5154637180

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

JUST IN FROM SACRAMENTO, CA

I just love this ad!! The whole 9 yards....

I just wanna go to Sacramento.. not to be on his crew , but to find out where to get the weed this guy has been smoking...

this is "ONE BADASS PIPE DREAM"...

Posted: 

print

Still building my crew

no pay

Have you always wanted to be apart of the movie business, have you wanted to create a vision and watch it unfold into a reality? Well, here is the perfect opportunity for you. I am looking for local people and people from surrounding areas who want to be apart of something new. I really don't care if you have experience or not, of course I would like you to know your craft, but I am giving people a chance, to where no one else probably would. 

I am starting a film company from the ground up. So far I have had the pleasure of adding a few people to it, and am still looking for a few others. I am wanting to make several types of films in a few different genres. I have the drive, the vision, and the determination to make this happen, and I KNOW it can be done and be successful! I know this may be a long shot, but I am looking for people who are either already in the industry and want to be apart of something dynamic, or I am looking for people who are new and want to break into the film business. Again, I don't care if you have experience or not, there is something for everybody to do, even if you are just the social media person, you can have a roll. So, don't think that just because you don't have experience that you don't have anything to offer. I am also looking for computer savvy people for website development, help run the social media, held with fund raising, graphic design, etc. No matter what your talent is, I can use you! Remember, this is a brand new venture and we all will be working together for the same goal, and that is to make great impacting movies. I am not talking about millions of dollars in budget, although that would be cool, we will be depending on getting people to donate to our cause, investors etc. At the moment there is no pay, not even for me, but if we make money on the film, then of course everyone involved will get paid. I have been apart of crews where the movie cost $15,000 dollars to make and they either sold it, or they won a film festival at the tune of $150,000. I know that good movies can be made on a budget, and I know that we can be successful as a crew. So, I am looking for absolutely anyone who is involved in the movie business and who wants to create awesome movies!
There have been a few of you that I have already talked with, and you know who you are. I am wanting to get everyone together this weekend sometime and tell everyone what this is all about and to answer all of your questions. Text me or email me and I will give you the details of the meeting time and place. 
I think that this is a great opportunity to get in on something that is on the ground floor, and to help make it, and everyone successful. 

Once I get my crew together we will continue to work together on every film. So, if you are still reading this, then that means you are interested. So, email me and lets start on a dream thatt we can turn into a reality!

post id: 5147015758

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

While I get a kick out of these wacky CL postings, I really enjoy the CL replies to these wacky postings :)

image.jpg

Thank you for this contribution..  I"M GOING TO SUNDANCE!

I mean, I am going to Utah and sit in a bar with my beret on and focus lens thing on lanyard around my neck and try not to get beat up.