CL poster Patrick Chavez : " The film is A suburban crime drama about an intelligent but lonely drug dealer who’s unlucky in love until he meets the love of his life on an online dating site. "

so ?

What? You expect THREE acts???

Maybe it's autobiographical… and he's just coming to the end of his own personal Act 1. 

Unintentionally funny Mandy ad from today...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vacancy:  Craft Services
Employer: AFI
Duration: This will be for 5 days., starts 3/5/14

Payment is on an unpaid basis.
Looking for someone to manage craft services on a student thesis for AFI. Filming will be for 5 days, Mar. 5-9, in and around the Los Angeles area. Need someone that can work with a low budget and has craft services experience.

There is no pay for this position but meals, copy and credit will be offered.

This is a great opportunity for a PA that has crafty experience and is looking to network with people in the industry.

Please send resume and brief cover letter outlining your craft services experience to the Production Manager.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight: you want me to cook meals for the entire crew, for free, and I'll get paid back in meals?

Interesting. I assume the director cooks those.

Best one I've seen in awhile. PROFESSIONALS: LINE UP! And a bonus day of shit pay but only if you're great.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cwg/4355047333.html

Need sound for PORTLANDIA style shoot (Hollywood)

compensation: $100 FLAT.

Need sound man with LAVS and boom TO MIX AND OPERATE. We are making a PORTLANDIA style comedy series. Work must be outstanding. Shoots 3/4/14. 10a-10p. One location. Indoor apartment, some wood floors so sound my be tricky, we must have rich sound with NO ECHO!!

Meal provided. Pays $100.

Looking for talented, hard working, fun personality, and team player.

THIS IS THE RATE, PLEASE DON'T NEGOTIATE.

List your equipment and experience.

Send links Asap!!! DECIDING NOW!

DAY 2 ALSO AVAILABLE , POSSIBLY SAME WEEK IF YOU ARE GREAT.

Need sound for PORTLANDIA style shoot (Hollywood)

Production meeting:

"Portlandia is a good show and it's on a national cable network, and it looks like they weren't working hard at all. It's got to be so easy to do something like that! All we need is a camera and a couple of six-packs, and I'll ad-lib the show with my girlfriend 'cause we're both funny. My roommate can hold his Dad's camera. Then we can get somebody to edit it. 

"What? Our first day's shooting had so much echo and footsteps you couldn't understand the dialog? But I turned 'automatic recording control' on! Isn't that what the Hollywood bigwigs do, when they use that Always De-noised Recording (ADR -- I think that's what the letters mean) feature you hear mentioned in the documentaries?

"Well, I wanted a chance to try those ad-libs again, maybe go for a second take on one or two scenes. I guess we'll have to clean the apartment again, and hire one of those expensive sound dweebs…  you know, the kind who got initiated into the Cabal of Approved Slider-movers (you see their initials on the sound credits), and so know the secret adjustment on the camera for good sound.

"I'd be really happy if I ever made a hundred bucks for a day's work, so I guess that'll be enough to pay them."

Here's a good one for anyone interested in 300 bucks.

" SOUND EDITOR for web series (Midtown)

compensation: $300 all in

Sound editor for comedy web series!

We shot seven of the 1st season eight episodes in December and we are doing pick ups and shooting our last episode on March 15. The total running time of all eight episodes is about 45 minutes complete. Each episode is between 4 to 6 minutes. We need a sound edit for all eight episodes. There is a very small budget. Interested? We can send you links to rough cuts. This is sh*t good and funny! We are going to get picked up, so we are looking for a long term sound editing partner."

• 2 weeks later...

Special Sound Mixer Needed.

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

8 days ago  Transgender Production Company Accepting Crew Resumes (Hollywood and Beyond)
compensation: Industry Standard
If you are transgendered and in the film/TV biz we want to hear from you. We will be producing both TG themed content as well as content for mainstream audiences.

Looking to fill all crew positions and departments from Producers to PAs.

Company Mission Statement:
TransGen Studios is an Entertainment Production Company that will take a holistic approach using all resources available to fine-tune the abilities of those in our employ. We will demonstrate our passions in our craft are undeniable thus providing the public with an unparalleled view of the Transgender Community. 

TransGen Studios' core values represent principles and beliefs that will guide our company into the future. By providing a harmonious environment of creativity, comfort tolerance, education and professionalism, these values will represent the Transgendered Community to the public and substantiate our commitment to excellence. Most everything we do at TransGen Studios will be based on the talents, skills and life experiences of the people in our Community and our allies. Our production and post production staff will be comprised of some of the most experienced and talented individuals in Hollywood.

TransGen Studios will produce quality content entertainment that inspires, uplifts, challenges and captivates. Through compelling Films, Thought Provoking Documentaries, Entertaining Television Series and Timeless Stories, we will deliver content showcasing the special and inborn abilities our Trans sisters and brothers possess.

Please send us your CV/resume/bio, IMDb credits, Awards, Reels, Websites, etc. etc.

Our goal is to put the TG community to work!!!!  
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4357648814

posted: 

8 days ago  

updated: 

4 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Please remove K-tek Hat!

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

9 hours ago  Sound Mixer / Director
00k0k_aM91WoCTT7p_600x450.jpg

6534.png6534.png6535.png6535.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: no pay
Sound mixer looking to direct shorts.
I bring the sound gear. you just cover a small rental fee and I donate my time as a director and sound mixer.
hit me up for my resume.
I want to move into producing and this is the next step.  
  •  

i would go for this one,,,but my car is unreliable,,,not so good at post audio either.

Shooting a non for profit short film at a local dining establishment in Pickering, Ontario. The production team is very small, and won't exceed more than 10 people for the production. The entire production will be shot on the days of March 15th and 16th and entirely indoors at a local dining establishment in Pickering, Ontario.

My team and I are looking for an experienced individual who can both perform as a boom operator AND a sound designer. Since our film is non for profit, it would really help us a lot if you are able to use your own equipment. If you don't have your own, we will rent one for you (once we have discussed what will be needed). Further details about the project will be discussed, as well as a script will be provided upon formal meeting.

This entire position is unpaid. You MUST also have reliable transportation to and from set on the shooting days.

If interested, please email us with your resume

Need sound man with LAVS and boom TO MIX AND OPERATE. We are making a PORTLANDIA style comedy series. Work must be outstanding. Shoots 3/4/14. 10a-10p. One location. Indoor apartment, some wood floors so sound my be tricky, we must have rich sound with NO ECHO!!

Looking for talented, hard working, fun personality, and team player.

I'm inclined to answer and say, "I can remove the echo for another $500 a day." Or, "I'm talented, hard-working, and am a team player, but the 'fun personality' will cost you a lot more money."

My team and I are looking for an experienced individual who can both perform as a boom operator AND a sound designer. Since our film is non for profit, it would really help us a lot if you are able to use your own equipment. ...This entire position is unpaid. 

Don't you think that ad would be a bit more attractive to potential freebies if they sort of hinted at what the non-profit film is about? Is it a PSA? Advocacy film? Museum art piece? Or is it non-profit because they don't know how to manage a production?

On a colorist group I participate in, they're grousing about the low pay constantly offered to colorists. A new Mandy ad just popped up a few days ago wanting a "colorist/sound mixer," and I immediately thought, "wow, if there's one other than me, I don't know who is." Unfortunately, they want somebody to just use Adobe Premiere, which is a very poor choice in lieu of better tools actually used more often for TV series and features.

It's bad enough when neophyte/low-budget producers want to pay low rates, but even worse when they try to dictate what tools they think are appropriate for the job. And most of what they know is wrong. 

On a colorist group I participate in, they're grousing about the low pay constantly offered to colorists. A new Mandy ad just popped up a few days ago wanting a "colorist/sound mixer," and I immediately thought, "wow, if there's one other than me, I don't know who is." Unfortunately, they want somebody to just use Adobe Premiere, which is a very poor choice in lieu of better tools actually used more often for TV series and features.

It's bad enough when neophyte/low-budget producers want to pay low rates, but even worse when they try to dictate what tools they think are appropriate for the job. And most of what they know is wrong. 

Funny! I saw that post and also thought "Marc Wielage is the only guy I know who can fit this description! Though I don't think he would want to do it...." :P

• 2 weeks later...

Girls on top of what?

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

2 hours ago  On-set Recordist/Sound Mixer (Los Angeles)
01111_irU3WCqNd7_600x450.jpg
01111_irU3WCqNd7_50x50c.jpg

6539.png6539.png6540.png6540.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $75 with own equipment
We are looking for someone smart, observant, honest, confident, and knowledgeable. We would like to work with someone who already has the experience of sound mixer and on-set recording (as in using multi-channel mixers, lavaliers, boom mics, etc). We will be renting equipment if this person does not have their own. If they do have their own, we can offer to pay $75 for a two-day shoot. 

We are Girls on Top Productions, an all-female production team. We produce comedic shorts and skits though with our next project (possible shoot date of April 26 and 27), we are creating a short for the film festival circuit. 

Not only are we looking for sound mixers, we are looking for people we can build a relationship with.  

post id: 4388663678

posted: 

2 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

It's illegal to specify gender in a help-wanted, unless there's a legitimate biological restriction (e.g., sperm donor, bikini model, dickhead*...).

So how can they solicit crew while saying "We are an all-female production team."?

* -- official designation for a large class of producers.

• 1 month later...

OK, I need to update my CL job list.

Here is one ... take gear across the border and get mugged, gear stolen and your body left in a ditch.

Oh,... and the animal..... it's a donkey.

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

14 hours ago  DP with camera & Sound (Los Angeles )

6535.png6535.png6536.png6536.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: 200 daily
Hello!

I need a DP with his/ her own camera for a reality documentary style pilot to pick up some images for Saturday26th and Sunday27th in Tijuana. This is working with animals, I Will need you to arrive in in Tijuana Friday night or very early Saturday morning. The gig pays $200 daily. Please state what camera and equipment you have, this Ian a one man job, send me a link of your reel or link to your website.

Hello!

I need a DP with his/ her own camera for a reality documentary style pilot to pick up some images for Saturday26th and Sunday27th in Tijuana. This is working with animals, I Will need you to arrive in in Tijuana Friday night or very early Saturday morning. The gig pays $200 daily. Please state what camera and equipment you have, this Ian a one man job, send me a link of your reel or link to your website.

WOW that is sketchy as all hell...