Sound guy

compensation: Flat rate of 2 thousand for shoot, all travel and prep days included in the 2thousand.
Here's the deal. Please only reply if you agree with terms!!! We're pulling out of LA on Oct 24th, next Friday, in a 15 passenger van with all key crew members on board. We're driving to Missouri, Benton to be exact. We start principal photography on Oct. 29th, and shoots through Nov. 11th. I need a sound guy with his own equipment. We are shooting on two gh4's. This is a low budget Horror film in the vein of Annabelle, the conjuring, and paranormal activity. You will ride out with our production team. Meals and accommodations will be provided. The pay for the shoot is a flat fee of 2,000.00 (2thousand) this rate is not negotiable, all the key crew members are being paid same rate. Again, PLEASE only reply if you are good with the terms. The film already has distribution and will have a premiere in Feb. 2015 in LA.

...with the Pro's, don't they pitch the project, get funding, then produce it..?

Sadly, I have told producers before that actually shooting the movie is only 25% of the effort. The first 25% is in coming up with the idea. The second 25% is coming up with the money. The third 25% is shooting it. And then the last 25% is post-production and finding a distributor (both equally hard, actually). Having a great idea and not being able to come up with reasonable funding is no excuse for asking a crew to work for low or no money.

Sound guy

compensation: Flat rate of 2 thousand for shoot, all travel and prep days included in the 2thousand.
Here's the deal. Please only reply if you agree with terms!!! We're pulling out of LA on Oct 24th, next Friday, in a 15 passenger van with all key crew members on board. We're driving to Missouri, Benton to be exact. We start principal photography on Oct. 29th, and shoots through Nov. 11th. I need a sound guy with his own equipment. We are shooting on two gh4's. This is a low budget Horror film in the vein of Annabelle, the conjuring, and paranormal activity. You will ride out with our production team. Meals and accommodations will be provided. The pay for the shoot is a flat fee of 2,000.00 (2thousand) this rate is not negotiable, all the key crew members are being paid same rate. Again, PLEASE only reply if you are good with the terms. The film already has distribution and will have a premiere in Feb. 2015 in LA.

Can I bring my own scary doll? I'm not responsible if it runs around in the middle of the night and stabs anybody in the van. Really, it's not me -- it's the doll!

Where do we sleep on the way to Missouri? I hope it's a five-star hotel! Can I have room service? I love room service.

When you say "a flat fee of 2,000," does that mean dollars, Euros, or Bitcoins? I much prefer Bitcoins. It's the currency of the ba-future!

Assuming we all survive the shoot, can I bring my scary doll to the premiere? I promise, the doll will create almost no problems at all with the audience. (Well, maybe a few, but those people probably deserve to die, anyway.)

I am down for a road trip, but the driver better have a commercial license and recent drug test. I don't want my dolly to get hurt. 

$142 a day plus MacD's and MotelSix. I better to tell you now, I sleep clothes off, lights on.

You will have half a day off here and there when they stop at BestBuy to replace the GH4s.

Be prepared to shoot inside BestBuy to make up for lost time.

The real "Horror" theme seems to be repeating itself: in a 15 passenger van with all key crew members on board 

One by one the crew disappears.....much like Jack Nicholson in 5 EASY PIECES.... just can't take anymore.

Update: DON"T GET IN THAT VAN:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/federal-regulators-warn-of-15-passenger-van-rollover-danger/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I wonder what the sound budget will be for this one after the funds are raised?

" Award-winning production company seeks an experienced Executive Producer to secure funds for a supernatural film as well as a sci-fi/action feature film.

The Producer will receive Executive Producer credit on both projects, a percentage of the funds acquired, plus the ability to work with two award-winning filmmakers."

A year or so ago, I ordered a dozen 9" gold-colored plastic statues from Amazon for $8 total.  B00KDDTG6I,  (Price has gone up since then). Great gag gifts for clients and friends, particularly after I make a gold-on-black "engraved" p-touch label for their base.

41FLcjUeEzL._SY355_.jpg

Anything can win an award.

(My grandson and granddaughter each were thrilled with their "world's best..." statues. Good thing I've got only one of each.)

From FaceBook crew needed:

Looking for a DP with a RED Scarlet package or above with lenses for a 3 day small commercial shoot in early November. Dates TBC. The shoot will basically be a B Roll shoot, small crew, minimal lights, in and out at each location.

Please include gear with application.

Rate is $300/day including your gear. This is a low budget shoot, so please only apply if you are ok with the rate as there will not be excess budget to be nickel and dimed.

• 4 weeks later...

10 bucks a day... HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

a day ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Sound Intern/ Boom Op (granada hills)

6529.png6529.png6530.png6530.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $10/ day Gas stipend + Meals + Credit
Sound intern needed for three day shoot, Nov. 21-23. This is an opportunity to team with professional, who is a sound supervisor on Hulu series. The project is a short film shot on Super 16mm film that will be used to finance a feature version of the project. 

Equipment will be provided. 

Ideal candidate is a young talented boom op that is looking to gain professional contacts. 

Compensation: $10/ day Gas stipend + Meals + Credit
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
  •