Here is a gig for you Valley Boys.

Possible kit fee and future pay... and 'connections'...which to me means any female between 17 and 70.

Oh, and free food!! Is Subway Tuna still the "lunch"..?  I wonder if L.A. Bite brings Subway sandwiches?

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

9 hours ago   print  Location Sound for Short Shoot (Burbank)
compensation: Mileage compensated and possible kit fee if budget allows.

Looking for an all-in-one sound mixer/boom op for a 8-12 hr. day. Shooting a short comedy sketch in the valley/Burbank area on May 31st. Ultra low budget, mileage compensated, kit fee negotiable. Looking for a sound tech who is interested in set experience, free food and making connections! Potential for paid work on other sketches throughout the summer.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5035357528

posted: 

9 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Steven,

I think you are probably close to diagnosing.

Maybe ADHD or some other constellation of issues. I was regaled with a similar "conversation" yesterday in a checkout line.

As alluded to near end of it, sure does look to be a hard nutshell to keep up in.

Regarding the latter post, can you still get away with making fun of short people..even in a drawing format?

Light shit floats and is easier to get with the poopumper than the heavy shit:

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

a day ago   print  Long Beach film crew needs Boom Operator (Long Beach, CA)
00e0e_k5r13bY7qNc_600x450.jpg
compensation: no pay

Credit + Meals and a good time. We keep this shit light and diligent.

post id: 5037728818

posted: 

a day ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

This one is the real deal.. they need a "Kickass" Boom Op AND a Sound Mixer to capture "Awesomeness" out in the field... while they are filming....(video-ing) There is pay, credit, meals... even snacks!

Need a Boom Operator and Sound Mixer (Sherman Oaks and Sylmar)

6536.png6536.png6535.png6535.png6537.png6537.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: Email your rates; there is pay, credit, meals & snacks

We're crewing up for a short film shoot sometime in June or July. We're open to dates, so we'll likely work around our talent and crew's schedule so it's feasible for everyone involved.

This is incredibly low budget, yet that being said, I'm thoroughly aware that sound is an integral part in filmmaking. Let me rephrase that. GOOD sound is an integral part in GOOD filmmaking!

An idea of what we'll need sound-wise: lavs and boom - we're filming exterior mostly, out in a field. Part of the film will be in a moving car, then the car stops, so we'll need sound inside the car for dialogue. The rest is out in the field, like mentioned.

We need a kick ass Sound Mixer and Boom Operator ( so 2 different people ) to capture awesomeness while we're filming. Ideally, you have your own gear. Please let me know your rates. I don't want to low ball or offend anyone, but at the same time, this is low budget. Don't hesitate to contact me, let's work something out.

Please send your rates, reel, experience, etc. and we'll talk more about what's a fair deal for both of us. Thanks so much!

post id: 5039484706

posted: 

13 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Guilt trip for $60

Posted: 

print

On Set Sound Tech (Van Nuys)

compensation: $60 stipend

Hello,

I'm filming a scene on Sunday, May 31st in Van Nuys. It's a short scene but, it has turned into quite an impressive production. We have a sound stage, an award winning director, as well as a professional DP, gaffer, and set designer. Unfortunately, the guy who was going to do sound has a last minute conflict. We have 2 lavalier mics, a boom mic, and a sound mixer. We just need someone who knows how to operate them. Everyone is working for copy and credit but, since you would be saving the day I can offer a $60 stipend. Please contact me if you will be available for a 6-8 hr shoot most likely starting at 9 AM. Thank you.

post id: 5042707336

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Smoking some good stuff here, but you need to be a talented SM.

Posted: 

print

Production Sound Mixer/Editor Needed for Short Film (Los Angeles)

6542.png6542.png6543.png6543.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: Yes

Looking for a talented on-set sound recorder/mixer to begin work on a short film and documentary in Los Angeles. 

The short film explores themes such as our love/hate relationship with technology, alienation, and unrequited love. In today's society we share everything with our technology. From what we eat to who we date, technological devices such as our cell phones know pretty much everything about us. We never really give a second thought to how that information might be used in the future. We say and do whatever we want to our devices without thinking of their "feelings." If the "feelings" of our devices were to get hurt they could do a lot to disrupt or even end our lives. Well, scientists have already invented highly advanced artificial intelligence that has the ability to not only interact with humans but actually display human emotions as we do, giving it the ability to dream, love, and feel. Therefore, the premise of this film is a lot closer to reality than most people believe to be possible. This film explores all of these themes through the eyes of a young man and his Siri-like A.I. partner.

The documentary explores the issue of immigration as it pertains to America. America is going through a wave of immigration that has many parallels to earlier times in our history (such as Ellis Island in the 1910's, almost exactly a 100 years ago.) Most people don't realize this and think that this situation is unique in American history, when in reality it is history repeating itself. This new wave of immigration will change America forever in unprecedented ways.
The people that will ultimately have the biggest influence on America's future won't be the 30+ year olds that move to America but rather their kids, their younger siblings, etc. The under 25-age group in America are the ones who grew up in America with American values but also the country of their parents' heritage. This documentary will explore the challenges that these subjects and their friends and relatives face in their home countries and also the challenges they face now in America (i.e. Racism, not being considered "Real Americans) in their pursuit of the "American Dream."
We have subjects from all over the world that have agreed to be in this documentary including India, Mexico, Korea, Somalia, Nigeria, Sweden, Syria, Brazil, Haiti, Hong Kong and many more. The following is a short description of just a couple of subjects we have lined up for this documentary. 

Production will be about 10 days of filming between June 1st to June 18th. Please send a copy of your resume along with a reel of previous work. 

Pay will be discussed after further contact.

post id: 5043469004

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Edited by Angelo Waldron

Glad i got this one in time! if you leave now from LA, you can get to Boron by 7am. ENJOY!

Sound Mixer for Short Film - RUSH CALL (Boron, CA)

6489.png6489.png6488.png6488.png6490.png6490.png

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $150

Seeking sound mixer for single day apocalyptic short film shoot TOMORROW, SATURDAY MAY 30TH. 
Must have own equipment (including at least 4 channel mixer). 
$150 for the day. 7am call time in Boron, CA. 
Interested parties please respond ASAP.
  •  

I know... more Angelo CL jobs, but this one you get producer credit and part ownership. I guess if the film owes money you gotta pay into this POS.

BUT.. they shot the first scene and it's turning out amazing... "FABULOUS"

I can hear Senator now..."a legend in their own minds"

Posted: 

print

Looking for Newer Sound Person, Newer Editor, and PA's shooting Now

compensation: no pay

Looking for Newer Sound Person, Newer Editor, and Newer Grip/gaffers & PA's shooting Now, looking to gain credit on feature length film... Already shot the first scene and it's turning out amazing. No rate but this is for new people who would like to gain credit and experience. Will also award them with some kind of producer credit for the film and percentage of ownership.

post id: 5051763368

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Damn, I full day for $200 and 6 lavs... I bet they will want more too.

Location Sound Recordist (Burbank / NoHo)

compensation: $200

Looking for a location sound recordist that can facilitate 6 lav's for a online reality show. This show will be very much in the same vein as something like Project Runway so there will be multiple judges that we'd prefer were individually mic'ed. 

When: Saturday, June 6th - Full Day
Where: Burbank, CA
Pay: $200

post id: 5056619708

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

"Wildlife documentary crew is looking for its last member--a talented sound mixer who would be up for an incredibly adventurous, as well as logistically challenging, shoot in Bolivia for three weeks during August 2015.

Ideally this crew member would bring their own equipment (lavs, boom, mixer, shotgun mic), however we can be flexible on this if we find the right person. All expenses would be paid, including a roundtrip plane flight, visa fees, vaccinations, and room & board. Unfortunately, this is an unpaid shoot, as we are working with an extremely low budget to carry out this project. However, for those who are looking to gain experience with extreme, run and gun shooting scenarios (following pumas through the Amazon, riding with the Bolivian police force on wildlife trafficking busts, etc.), this may be the project for you.

To be considered for this position, please send your resume, examples of your audio work, and why you're perfect for the job."

You can get eaten by a puma in bolivia but sorry no pay. ;)

The Gigs keep on coming. This script is such a high quality POS that everybody is coming together to shoot this shortie... in 2 days.

What equipment will you bring?

SOUND NEEDED FOR SAG PROJECT (Los Angeles)

6539.png6539.png6540.png6540.png

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $100 per day

Sound person needed for SAG short film.
2 day shoot, Saturday 6th and Monday 8th.
For this project experienced filmmakers are coming together to volunteer their time because of the high quality of the script.
It is a micro budget project.
We can offer $100 per day. I know it's low but, again, it's low budget.

If interested and have the time, email us with your contact and what kind of gear you can bring.

If "experienced filmmakers are coming together to volunteer their time", then why are you bothering with Craigslst?

All those experienced DPs and gaffers and wardrobe and other pros have -got- to know some soundies. After all, they've got all that experience on sets. So they know who to call, that they can possibly convince of the virtue of this film and will also be willing to work for free.

You're wasting your $100/day for production sound, friend. Spend it on more Subway tuna sandwiches, quadrupling your craft table budget. Or, if you want to be nice to those experienced filmmakers, spend it on their consumables. 

Edited by Jay Rose

Internship for Hollywood Production Company (Atlanta)

Hollywood Casting and Film - a casting and production company based in LA, is expanding to Atlanta and is seeking a few dedicated production interns to help work on short films that will be written and produced by successful Hollywood writers and producers (Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Growing Pains,etc) and shot in the local ATL area.

Must have access to film equipment and have a proficiency with either directing, lighting, sound, or editing.

The internship will require four hours of your time per week. - Initially the internship will be unpaid- However HCandF has a track record of hiring 100% of it's staff from internships and will therefore be hiring interns as our company expands.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tfr/5030981547.html

That's some kind of place you pay $9.99 a month for something.. I don't know what.

Looking for an intern 4 hours a week w/gear.....They may have well just said..

"I'm gonna use ya. I'm gonna run you ragged...You and me can have fun together. It doesn't have to be joyless." 

Internship for Hollywood Production Company (Atlanta)

compensation: Unpaid Internship, Then Paid.

Hollywood Casting and Film- a casting and production company based in LA, is expanding to Atlanta and is seeking a few dedicated production interns to help work on short films that will be written and produced by successful Hollywood writers and producers (Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Growing Pains,etc) and shot in the local ATL area. 

Must have access to film equipment, and have a proficiency with either directing, lighting, sound, or editing. 

The internship will require four hours of your time per week. - Initially the internship will be unpaid- However HCandF has a track record of hiring 100% of it's staff from internships and will therefore be hiring interns as our company expands.
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5030981547

posted: 

updated: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]