"GO BOOM YOURSELF IN A BURBANK MOTEL"

Sound Mixer Needed (Burbank)

Date: 2012-09-11, 9:49AM PDT

Reply to this post dwnrd-3264770008@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm shooting a teaser for my next feature and am need of a Sound Mixer with his own gear who can boom himself.

Shoot is Wednesday 9/12. Sound will be needed from 2:30 to 6:30 (maybe 7). The shoot is pretty simple and should be relatively painless. The location is a motel in Burbank.

$75 for the day. Please send links to your work/credits, your equipment and your subject needs to say "Sound-Teaser" so I know you read this. Thanks everyone.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: 75

PostingID: 3264770008

Here.. have at it.

Sound Guy Needed for Short Film (Hollywood and Orange County)

Date: 2012-09-19, 9:51AM PDT

Reply to this post g2rmg-3282329737@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

SOUND MIXER needed for the following project:

Short Film: The End, My F.R.E.N.D.

Shoot Dates: September 29th/30th (total time will be 1 1/2 days shooting)

PAY: $200 for 1 1/2 days (the shoot) + gas $; all meals provided

Name Talent Attached

***Extensive short film/feature film experience required*** Please include with submission a reel of your previous sound work. Submissions without reels will NOT be considered.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 3282329737

This one from Mandy is tomorrow (Thurs, 20th) and might have room for negotiation. Perhaps with the short notice you can work some magic. For stuff like this I just tell them what equipment they can, and cannot afford.

Production Jobs > USA California - South > View Job Details Create RSS feed rssicon.gif Vacancy: Sound Department Employer: Grandmother's Snifter LLC Location: Los Angeles (Mid-City) [view map] Duration: One Day Shoot, starts 9/20/12

Shooting Two Short Films in One Day.

We are seeking a one person for our entire sound department. Must have own equipment. SHOOT DATE IS TOMORROW, THURSDAY, 9/20/12

Rate $250/12 hour day + $20/hour OT

PLEASE CALL OR TEXT KEATON SHYLER at 310 779 6648 ASAP

Please also send resume to keatonshyler@gmail.com

Breakdown attached:

Title: Two Short Films: It's So Hostile & Tiny Box

Exec Producer: Keaton Shyler

Producer: Alli Truax

Producer: Charles Rice

Director: Jared Hillman

Cinematography: Sean Conaty http://sean.conaty.net/

Production Design: Brandi Kalish (http://brandikalish.com/)

Mov't Design: Alli Truax

Lighting: Cineworks

Camera: RED EPIC courtesy of Dan Blanchett

Please include with submission a reel of your previous sound work. Submissions without reels will NOT be considered.

I worked in radio, back in analog days.

Every now and again, we'd see an ad in Broadcasting magazine for a 'beginning announcer'. It would promise decent pay and shift at an out-of-the-way station. It would also request a 'longform demo reel'.

We'd laugh. This was basically that station's way of replacing their stock of blank tape...

---

[Totally off-topic, but in the 'recycled tape' category:

Through most of the 70s and early 80s, my sound studio had distinctive blue boxes for 5" and 7" reels. We sent out a lot of radio dubs - hundreds a week - and it was cheaper to get custom pre-printed boxes than plain boxes and printed labels.

The boxes had my name on them, since that was also the name of the company.

Sold the studio in '84 and went to work for a big post house. One of our gigs was playing home base for CBS Sports when playoffs were in Boston.

Playoff time. I'm about to mix a live sports insert. Producer hands me the v/o, recorded by their network voice in LA.

It's in a blue box with my name on it!

The spot title and advertiser had been crossed out, and "Boston V/O" scribbled in.

I didn't say a word.

]

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tlg/3283938907.html

tempted...

email this posting to a friendSF bay area craigslist > san francisco > gigs > talent gigs

Wanted: two short audio clips recorded. $30 each. (downtown / civic / van ness)

Date: 2012-09-20, 2:51AM PDT

Reply to this post fdkvm-3283938907@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Wanted:

Two short audio clips recorded to MP3. One by 50-70 male, any ethnicity, one 50-70 white woman.

I'll mail you $30 cash for each, half before half after, or just honor-system.

Contact me by email if you fit either of the descriptions above.

Thanks!

• Compensation: $30 cash

PostingID: 3283938907

If you don't boom for free on this one, they won't be able to shoot.

How will I be able to sleep at night with the quilt, knowing I could have helped them?

Boom Operator Needed Tomorrow (Los Angeles, CA)

Date: 2012-09-24, 6:45PM PDT

Reply to this post vfnt7-3294450144@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are a collection of professional crew and talent shooting a quick interrogation scene on the RED in an empty office building downtown tomorrow. Everyone, including the building owner, is involved to get footage for their reels, as well as a credit because the scene will be tied to a project on IMDb.

At the last minute both of our sound guys have had to leave town and we are now in need of a boom operator. Should be a less than 2 hours, and we would appreciate your efforts in helping us not have to scrap our shoot.

Thanks for your time. :)

PostingID: 3294450144

If you don't boom for free on this one, they won't be able to shoot.

How will I be able to sleep at night with the quilt, knowing I could have helped them?

Boom Operator Needed Tomorrow (Los Angeles, CA)

Date: 2012-09-24, 6:45PM PDT

Reply to this post vfnt7-3294450144@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are a collection of professional crew and talent shooting a quick interrogation scene on the RED in an empty office building downtown tomorrow. Everyone, including the building owner, is involved to get footage for their reels, as well as a credit because the scene will be tied to a project on IMDb.

At the last minute both of our sound guys have had to leave town and we are now in need of a boom operator. Should be a less than 2 hours, and we would appreciate your efforts in helping us not have to scrap our shoot.

Thanks for your time. :)

PostingID: 3294450144

What exactly goes into a building owner's reel?

At the last minute both of our sound guys have had to leave town and we are now in need of a boom operator.

Hmmm, if "both" sound guys bailed, why are they only willing to hire a single replacement?

It's funny how I'm never concerned with "more footage for my reel," but I am interested in being paid a reasonable day rate.

This one is not free

Sound gig (Woodland hills)

Date: 2012-09-27, 9:53AM PDT

Reply to this post b4rc6-3300234373@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

HI,

I'm a mixer and I need to replace myself on this low budget gig. It starts Friday 9.28,12 call is at 7pm. in Woodland Hills. Please send me a basic gear list. I'm looking for other mixers to network with for gig coverages. Anyone looking to pick up a hundred bucks that's paid same day please email me for details. The crew is easygoing and works well with the sound department.

• Compensation: 100

PostingID: 3300234373

This one is just amazing!

<p>

A small and independent production company is seeking an audio technician for a shoot this Sunday, October 7th, 2012. We are currently working with a major cable tv network on a reality show; therefore, there is a HIGH chance of your name being credited on the season premiere episode!

We are filming in Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd.

We are seeking an audio tech who has a boom mic and lavier with an adapter for the Canon 7D camera. If you know how to set up audio to the Canon 7D via boom and lavier mics, then we want you!

Requirements:

Must have own audio equipment

Must be knowledgeable with audio equipment i.e. boom mic and body and the Canon 7D

Must be available for this Sunday, the 7th.

Compensation:

$40

Chance to be credited as crew member of the season premiere episode of a reality show for a cable television network

It'll be a fun shoot for we will be shooting in the midst of Hollywood.

If interested, please email the Craigslist email address ASAP.

Thanks.

• Compensation: $40

PostingID: 3312230844

therefore, there is a HIGH chance of your name being credited on the season premiere episode

There is a high chance the only credit will be the production company.

There is a tiny chance the production mixer's name will be in tiny type, in an unreadably fast crawl limited to half the screen.