comtek 216 pouches

Bartek

hello,

Just wondering what you guys use as far a pouches for your comteks go.

Tried the standard clips that come with the 216 but a few drops later some of th comteks cracks on the body,

tried the pouch with the plastic clip, hard to find and the clips only lasts a few jobs, love the pouch though,

tried the bigger pouch with the belt loop through, but no belt clip, and that is it scriptys rarely have belts on it seams, also the flap covers the headphone jack and putts pressure on it.

I know that the 72 had a pouch that had no flap and a metal "clip" is the a similar thing for the 216???

any suggestions?

At the beginning of the year I picked up a number of these

from officedepot. They were like $6 dollars each.

Very foamy and padded, w/ a belt clip.

Came in a black, dark blue, red..etc.

koge01511pk3.jpg

Im having trouble finding them online now though. (discontinued?)

Im sure if you looked around enough for small camera cases you'd find something that would work well.

Lectro makes a cordura nylon pouch that works great for the Comtek PR216 (after you tke the plastic clip off). 

Here's a link.  It's down the page a bit, the PCR100.

http://lectrosonics.com/catalogs/UniversalCatalogPages/PouchesandCarryCases.htm

It has a simple, slip-on clip on the other side and the opening on top (Velcro closure is on the bottom) works great for the 216 or for a Lectro IFB R1A.  The older R1As have that piece of metal on the side that covers the frequency switches and thus they won"t quite fit in the new leather pouches Lectro now provides with the R1A. I use these instead.

Paul