sony fs100 bit rate

I just bought a sony fs100 camera., set at 1080/25p fx. This should give a bit rate up to 24 mb/sec.

When I connect the camera with usb2 cable to my mac pro and import it in premiere pro CS 5.0

then the images are very bad. The only thing I can find is that the bit rate of the images is about 2,8 mb/sec, which seems to be very low I think? So should this be the cause and what to do about it, or what could be the problem ?

I just bought a sony fs100 camera., set at 1080/25p fx. This should give a bit rate up to 24 mb/sec.

When I connect the camera with usb2 cable to my mac pro and import it in premiere pro CS 5.0

then the images are very bad. The only thing I can find is that the bit rate of the images is about 2,8 mb/sec, which seems to be very low I think? So should this be the cause and what to do about it, or what could be the problem ?

You might be better off asking this question on an FS100-specific board rather than here, an audio board, although the depth of knowledge here often amazes me.

I just bought a sony fs100 camera., set at 1080/25p fx. This should give a bit rate up to 24 mb/sec. When I connect the camera with usb2 cable to my mac pro and import it in premiere pro CS 5.0 then the images are very bad. The only thing I can find is that the bit rate of the images is about 2,8 mb/sec, which seems to be very low I think? So should this be the cause and what to do about it, or what could be the problem ?

That's a mess. I would strongly advise avoiding USB2 for anything related to transferring video. You need eSATA or Firewire to do this right. I would also advise upgrading to Premiere 6, because it has numerous bug fixes and improvements over the old version. I see that you already posted on the Adobe Premiere user forum, and that's a step in the right direction.