cinetj

In the absence of the Senator... C.T.M.!*

Zaxcom

233 West Parkway - Unit 9

Pompton Plains, NJ 07444

(973) 835-5000

http://www.zaxcom.com

* call the manufacturer

Having said that: I agree that it would be nice to have a section at the back of the manual that fully explained all error messages, and also had a section on troubleshooting.

The Pointer Error is generated when the processor sees something in memory that should not be there and assumes some process has gone haywire. It could have been a result of your primary card going bad in a strange way and confusing the software.

If you ever see that error you should reboot the machine and ask your self if anything strange happened recently.

Can you read the card in a PC or MAC?

-howy

The Pointer Error is generated when the processor sees something in memory that should not be there and assumes some process has gone haywire. It could have been a result of your primary card going bad in a strange way and confusing the software.

If you ever see that error you should reboot the machine and ask your self if anything strange happened recently.

Can you read the card in a PC or MAC?

-howy

Hello Howy,

I tried both Mac and Pc and although the card will mount it is identified as something else and I can't acess the files or convert them using Zaxconvert. The name DEVA is not there anymore, and on the Mac I saw FAT32 written on its name. Strangely, I can still read the primary card at the Nomad without any problems.

Besides the Pointer Erros message I didn't perceive anything strange and I reboot the unity from the moment I saw the message as on your advice. The message had disappeared after the reboot.

As I said, the Mirror Card was the one saved me this time. Formatting now the Primary Card should make me sleep well tonight? I only have two CF cards and I'm shooting tomorrow. The model i own was once recommended here, it's a 32 Gb Transcend card

Is it possibele the the card was formatted in a MAC or PC at some point (after your formatted it in the Nomad)?

Are you running 3.06 or higher?

-howy

No, it was formatted on Nomad exclusively. I'm still running firmware version 2.95. Will upgrade to the most recent one this tuesday when I get a break from work.

After I re-formatted the primary card the problem was gone.

• 4 months later...

Be warned: I didn't have any errors for a few days with 4.04, but then yesterday my machine went haywire and rendered the primary CF card unreadable--on my Nomad and my Mac. I'm not saying it's going to happen to you but don't let yourself relax because you had a stable day.

For now I'm heading back to 3.13E. I appreciate that Howy is working like a madman to fix this though.