iPad 3 - took the plunge...

soundtrane

Well, did it. Waiting for it, Monday delivery.

Need to figure out a RUGGED case.

Need to figure alternative (12V DC based) power options.

Other than this, I am excited - iOS6 and MTLion etc coming. Hoping porting OSX to this device will become a reality sometime (Apple or hack - does not matter).

-vin

Are you cart or bag based? Remote Audio has a cable that goes from BDS to USB that I *think* can charge an iPad. iPads require more power than iPhones, so watch that.

A while back I went to an auto parts store and bought a cigarette lighter extension cable. I cut off the male end and wired it to a XLR4 to plug into my Cart Power distro. From there I could plug in any number of car accessories, including a cigarette lighter to USB adapter which works well for charging phones, iPods whatever.

Ottorbox are among the most rugged cases out there. There is another thread about mounting options, but RAM makes solid mounts for iPads (and lots of phones). Film Tools had some iPad mounting options too.

You can have a few extras with CL-wifi too and it seems to be easier on the 788's resources.

Concerning the stand I just ran into this on the web;

http://www.intomobile.com/2012/06/23/special-case-turns-ipad-into-mobile-production-studio/

For rhose who might be interested...