Deva Np-1 battery life

jawharp

Hey,

Helping someone get ready for a job overseas. Trying to figure out if np-1's are a good idea for him for his deva since he'll be away from power alot.

Anyone know what kind of battery life you can expect from 1 lithium np-1 battery like this one?

http://www.trewaudio...on-Battery.html

It's a Deva 16 if that helps. Couldn't find anything in the manual about battery life...

Thanks,

joe

I have the Fusion, similar box but compact flash cards instead of spinning drives. I think I get 5 to 6 hours per battery. I leave one in the unit, and then often use two external ones (NP cup to XLR4). The internal one is my protection when the external one dies, and protection if we go into much overtime.

I power my wireless off another battery. I don't always do it that way, but this allows me to go over 16 hours without a worry. well, no worry about power.

Listed on Zaxcom's Deva web page:

Power

Internal: NP-1, 12 to 18 VDC

External: 10 to 18 VDC @ 1 amp

Consumption: 10.8 W

...and, about the battery, on Trew's web site:

4.8 amp hours at 14.8 Volts, then...

since we all know Ohm's Law and its corollaries...

4.8ah divided by 1a equals approximately 4.8 hours for a new, fully-charged battery with nothing else drawing current from it.

YMMV, due to a variety of factors.