Replacing a Lectro Power Switch

BradTheSoundGuy

At NAB this year I purchased a great book on wiring audio cable ( http://www.amazon.ca...s/dp/0240520068 ) and have been busy ever since practicing and making all sorts of custom cables for different needs that I previously would have either just bought or used different turnarounds etc.

With that said, I'm feeling a confident/adventurous and want to try my hand at repairing a lectro power switch. I bought a 201 used last year that came with the power switch completely broken off. I've been using a tweaker tool to turn it on and off with no issue, but it's time to restore it the way it should be.

I purchased the power switch, and without having opened up the Lectro yet, I'm guessing this should be rather easy. My guess is with my solder sucker I have 3 connections on the old switch to remove, then just put the new swtich in place, solder and voila.

Any reason I should not attempt this? Any tips or secrets I should know before opening the 201 up? Should I tin the 3 prongs on the new switch first?

Appreciate any info at all!!

Cheers

post-2936-0-38377200-1341082385.jpg

My tip would be to use side cutters to hack the switch down as far as possible leaving as much of the pins as possible and then remove the pins individually. Heat each pin and use long nose plyers to pull them out one at a time. Then use your solder sucker to clean out the thru hole, or use solder wick.

My tip would be to use side cutters to hack the switch down as far as possible leaving as much of the pins as possible and then remove the pins individually. Heat each pin and use long nose plyers to pull them out one at a time. Then use your solder sucker to clean out the thru hole, or use solder wick.

+1 this is what i had to do when replacing a switch on a 211