In between a cart mixer and a bag mixer is...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is just one picture of an ENG/reality cart that I have been making for awhile. It uses a SMALL folding cart with a sliding handle with a system that attaches a top shelf. It has a boom pole holder as well. I have made two versions. One for the reality shows that use a mixer only and a larger shelf with metal lip that is big enough and strong enough for a 788 and radios. When in it's lowest position it is quite stable, especially if you put your run bag on the bottom. In the top position you can stand behind it and even boom and reach the pots to mix. When you need to throw it in the van with the rest of the crew you pull the pins on the shelf and it comes off and folds.

Jim Mansenpost-856-0-58446800-1343149594.jpgpost-856-0-53859500-1343149609.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Jim

This small cart set up you have is right up my alley. A couple of questions for you.

1. How is the top shelf secured into place? Any chance of snapping a pic of the underside of the shelf so I can see how it's secured and removed?

2. Did you add the two locking pins to either side of the toe shelf or did those come with the cart?

Thanks a lot,

Courtney

• 3 weeks later...

post-6752-138507812922.jpg

This is my cart for small spaces and mostly ONB jobs. It's very light, cheap, has a boom holder, ipad holder, a raisable antenna mast (on which I originally mounted a few Sennheiser G2 receivers), headphone hook, plate for the bag, cup holder (for bottles only) and never flat wheels. Whole thing cost no more than €180 ($240) and all made from stuff readily available at Home Depot or such like.

It's not collapsible (although there are similar folding carts), but it can lie flat in a car. The box at the bottom holdd mics, wirelesd and batteries, making it very untippable