SD788T No Media Display

Sergio Sanmiguel

I hit record today on a 788T and all of the sudden both CF & IHDD turned to ----- and not showing remaining space neither recording tracks... Power cycle & Removed batteries and still shows like there's no media mounted. Is this a known bug? Handed over CF card to DIT and also plugged the 788 via FW800 and media showing up... but 788T wont show mounted media!! Any leads?!?!

Very strange. How much space is on the HD? Did you try a different CF card?

The only thing I can recommend in this case is to try an external drive and see if the machine will recognize that and will allow capturing to it. My guess is that the internal drive controller crashed, but only the factory would know for sure. I have had regular computers suddenly refuse to see attached devices, and that was the cause.

1)Make sure that you have your preamps activated (ie not clicked off)

2) Make sure that you have your tracks are assigned inputs in the input routing menu

3) in the input menu, make sure that at least one of your tracks is selected to be recorded with a star

5) try it without the cf card

6) panic because your f'd! :)

Thats all I can think of, good luck.

-Jon

What Firmware revision?

Make sure the record tracks are routed to the available media.

Press input and then FF[Media Softkey] You should see CF IN EX listed after every track.

Or just do a factory reset, that will ensure that you have a good baseline to work from.