Eneloop batteries on ebay. have you from South Korea?

would you believe that at the canadian amazon site an 8 pack AA is 38$. it shows the big difference that canadians pay for items that are half or one third the price in the states. and no one can say why the discrepancy happens if our exchange rates are almost equal.

another example, i priced a 9v wall wort in the u.s. at 9$, that same one starts at 26$ and up, here in the great white north.

at least we can buy electronics from the states with no extra duty fees thanks to the nafta agreement. we just pay taxes. but any warranties are void unfortunately.

I've bought the 2700mH Eneloop's from Thomas Distributing and had zero problems with them:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/

Prices as good as eBay. Thomas is also available through Amazon, and you get free shipping via Amazon Prime (if you're a member). I think several past discussions here have shown that the AA rechargeables rated at 2700mH don't stay that high forever, but I would expect they would still last longer than batteries rated at 1900mH.

And actually, the Senator is 100% right when he says, "Generally speaking, you get what you pay for." Never more true than with expendables like batteries. There are a lot of shysters selling counterfeit brands all over eBay, and for that reason I'm very reluctant to buy name-brand stuff from Hong Kong and Chinese vendors.