WHO repaired Sanken lavs.. rewire at mic head.. guy in Burbank?..

afewmoreyears

Sorry, can't seem to locate the old post... searched, but could not locate it... anyone remember who the guy is that will take a stab at replacing wire from head down... I remember hearing that sometimes he can repair it when others can't...

I remember reading he was located in burbank Ca...

Just guessing - don't know for sure - but perhaps it was Dave White. He lives in Santa Clarita and did much of his repair work there as D W Sound Service. For awhile he had a repair station at The Audio Department in Burbank. Family circumstances forced him to withdraw from audio repair. I don't want to post a phone number or e-mail on a public site, especially as he's no longer in business. But if the name resonates, contact me privately and I'll pass on the contact information I have.

David

Well, I sent mine to Wilcox Sound after reading A few phone calls and a month later I finally got it back. It looks like new with a new mesh screen, but it's wired differently so it sounds 6db quieter than my other four cos11's. It's wired for Lectro universal, but I think I need to add/change a resistor to pin 5. Also, they put on a 5 foot cable instead of a 6 foot cable as it originally had. Now I have to keep that in mind every time I go to use it. It won't reach to the ankle if in a tie or on a tall person.

The good news is that I didn't have to buy a new mic.

Blake Wilcox sounded like a nice guy on the phone. Just be sure to specify repeatedly what you need done.

Mark