Tuna T's

LarryF

JWS readers can still get a Tuna T (accept no subs) simply by sending --size-- and --address-- to larryf@lectrosonics.com. Pictures of Tuna T's in far off, exotic locations such as New Jersey, appreciated.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

post-125-0-70528100-1342128365.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

˙sqns ou ʇdǝɔɔ∀

We would like to add some more language lines, the next time we have the Tuna T's made but we were afraid to use Google translation or something of the sort for fear we'd end up with a translation that was "Compromise your sister with a trout".

The inverted text will go on the next time (thanks Marc) and mirrored text would work too. Can somebody vet posts #9 through #12 so we know we're not getting kinky with trout?

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

We sent out 30+ Tuna T's Friday. If everyone that requested them, doesn't get one in a week, hit me up again. To quote Kathy in sales:

"#%&@--- They're coming in faster than I can print labels!"

Best,

Larry F

This is not proper Dutch, the good phrase is already on the shirt.

Thanks and good for us.

Best,

LEF

I'm not fluent in German so I'll need some help from one of our German sound people here:

The shirt says:

Akzeptiere Keine Ersatz

I think, maybe, it should be:

Akzeptiere keine Ersatz

"Kein" may be used as a noun and, therefore capitalized, in the sense of "accept none." But here it is written as "keine" and that suggests to me that it is an adjective modifying "Ersatz." As an adjective it would be lower case.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. And, sorry to go all nit-picky on you but you did invite corrections.

David

I'm not fluent in German so I'll need some help from one of our German sound people here:

The shirt says:

Akzeptiere Keine Ersatz

I think, maybe, it should be:

Akzeptiere keine Ersatz

"Kein" may be used as a noun and, therefore capitalized, in the sense of "accept none." But here it is written as "keine" and that suggests to me that it is an adjective modifying "Ersatz." As an adjective it would be lower case.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. And, sorry to go all nit-picky on you but you did invite corrections.

David

We always appreciate PITA's and have quite a few around Lectro. I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Larry F

Larry, I wish I had one of these yesterday. My sound crew and I are on a feature and when lunch was called we stepped outside to find "subway" was on the menu. We all just looked at each other and started busting up laughing. The crew looked at me kinda crazy when I muttered "you gotta be F'n kidding me, is this some kind of joke".

In honor of everyone here we all chose the tuna!

Larry, I wish I had one of these yesterday. My sound crew and I are on a feature and when lunch was called we stepped outside to find "subway" was on the menu. We all just looked at each other and started busting up laughing. The crew looked at me kinda crazy when I muttered "you gotta be F'n kidding me, is this some kind of joke".

In honor of everyone here we all chose the tuna!

If only the TARDIS were working.

Larry F

My German isnt great, but isn't Ersatz also substitute?

And also, if I may, the Swedish sentence in the end there is a bit wonky. It should say "Acceptera inga mackor" or something. On the other hand, over here, we're happy to get any food at all on these lowball shoots ;)

Will correct on next pass. Thanks.

Larry F