Simon B and Stuart's new minirack/cart build

Bash

A jamcleat on a bag has been a wet dream of mine for a long time. If its possible on a bag... Thanks for that discovery, I was about to invent one myself one of these days

Hey, Olle

You might have a look at the sort of jam cleats designed for use on sails themselves. There are some fairly small leech line cleats made from nylon that might work for you.

Best regards,

Jim

So - I have finished my current job, and am pretty much a free agent for the next few weeks.

Stuart lives about 100 miles from mee, but I am passing him on Thursday, so am taking the van with all the toys in it.

Excitings!!!!!

Photos to follow, when all the kit is on....

Oh, and by the way - Stuart and I have had long talks regarding the base for the minirack - it is looking more than awesome atm, and we havent finished designing yet!!! We are hoping to build a 60AHr LiFE Po battery and charging system into the base unit, plus more cool stuff. Keep watching this thread - we are not done yet!!!

Kindest regards,

Simon B

Really great looking design so far hope you can keep the price not too pricey! :)

So - I have finished my current job, and am pretty much a free agent for the next few weeks.

Stuart lives about 100 miles from mee, but I am passing him on Thursday, so am taking the van with all the toys in it.

Excitings!!!!!

Photos to follow, when all the kit is on....

Oh, and by the way - Stuart and I have had long talks regarding the base for the minirack - it is looking more than awesome atm, and we havent finished designing yet!!! We are hoping to build a 60AHr LiFE Po battery and charging system into the base unit, plus more cool stuff. Keep watching this thread - we are not done yet!!!

Kindest regards,

Simon B

Polycarbonate I believe. We had to buy an 8ft x 4ft sheet, so I have enough to make quite a few miniracks!!

I guess it will scratch, which will break my heart, in fact - its going to be quite hard to even put any equipment on it - it is looking so tidy and neat!!

Kindest regards,

Simon B

Simon you might consider sandblasting it so it's opaque then the inevitable scratches won't be so noticeable and would IMHO make it look a bit less clinical.

Regards and best wishes with the project.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

• 1 month later...

Tried to post this last night, but it hasnt appeared yet!!! Strange!!!

I have had a pretty busy few weeks, which has caused more than a little frustration in the progress department. Anyway, yesterday I had a little time, and so was able to rig some kit up on the minirack and take a few pictures, so here we go.

I dont have my Fusion atm, so have mounted the Nomad in the recorder position. It can take Deva, Fusion, or Nomad. I need a different serial lead to link the Nomad and the Mix 8 (its on the way).

I can add a second RK3 to add 3 more radio mics, or I can loop the aerial OPs from the RK3 to an EN2 twin Rx.

The Tracer LifePo battery seems pretty good. It claims 24aHr, and I will test it in the next few days. We are currently working on a much bigger capacity battery, in a Peli style of case. I will update on that soon.

I am going to try and get my Neumann KMR82 digital shotgun mics to work into the Nomad and Fusion. It will probably require a PSU box which can go on the second shelf down - morenews on that later.

Note the iPhone USB DC OP sockets on the bottom - for phone charging!!!!

After the big battery we'll be looking at a base for this - we have some really funky stuff lined up for that!!!

Kindest regards to all,

Simon B

post-346-0-83423100-1349079009_thumb.jpg

Simon, you realise that when this is up and running there will be a queue of mixers - including me - loitering outside your studio waiting for a glimpse/guided tour. And the inevitable next question... where can i get one of those? I hope Stuart is working out how to mass produce these. Otherwise i'm waiting for you in the car park at Pinewood with a a cricket ball in a sock, my boot open and my engine running...

• 9 months later...

So..... my dear Padwan Sara Lima got herself 8 weeks on a film - so she asked if Stuart and I could put her together a special MiniRack for her Cantar, CantaRem, Octopack and keyboard combo. Stuart worked his heart out to make it so - and we delivered less than a week later. Here it is.....

post-346-0-51803300-1374271272_thumb.jpg

and another pic......

post-346-0-83074000-1374271324_thumb.jpg

Enjoy,

sb

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So - as it happens. We have just designed a base... which is awesome. It will take some months for sure, but tune in again and we will show some updates when we are on the way. It really is an awesome and wacky design.... but also brilliant (Stuart's work, not mine!!).

sb