Can Sony BP-U batteries fit in L series mounts?

Derek H

The Sony BPU batteries (for ex3) look very similar in design to the ubiquitous L series batteries except they output 14.4 volts instead of 7. Could be useful for sound bag powering etc..

Does anyone know if you can mount a BPU in something like the Lectro SR external battery sled?

I asked Lectro tech support about this but they were not familiar with the battery type.

Thanks!

Hey Derek, I have the 14 volt BPU style batteries made by Global Media Pro which I use for powering my bag. They're not Sony brand but pretty sure there almost an exact copy in terms of the locking mechanism and connection pins. For whats it worth they wont fit on my 744t as they are wider than the slot there but never tried them on a ext battery sled for the SR's...

The EX3 camera uses the same battery type as the 7 series recorders. I'm not familiar with the BPU designation, only the L-Series designation.

This is incorrect. The ex 3 uses the BPU batteries which are a different voltage. I just want to know if the mounting system is the same.

Neil, thanks for the info. I think that clears it up for me.

Also, I doubt Lectro is interested in making a BPU battsled that they will sell very few of just so they can help Zaxcom QRX users with a nice external powering solution.

;) I could be wrong though...

Ha, just think of the ability to slap a Lectro logo on top of a bunch of QRXs...