Tapatalk & Mobile Notifications

Sound Grab

• 2 months later...

Still can't get this to work... and when I logout and then back in with Tapatalk it says the plugin on this site is outdated. :blink:

Notifications are on for Tapatalk and in Settings inside Tapatalk on my phone.

Under notifications on here, I have it set to 'Immediate' and have the boxes checked for everything in the 'mobile' column.

Still can't get this to work... and when I logout and then back in with Tapatalk it says the plugin on this site is outdated. :blink:

I will see what I can do but the Tapatalk plug-in in use here is the latest version. I do know from Tapatalk support that they changed certain things relating to Notifications (specifically support for PUSH notifications) so I will see if it is any sort of setting on my end to make it work for you.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update on this issue just in case someone has it in the future.

I'm not sure why this had anything to do with the issue, but I receive Facetime calls on both my Macbook Pro and on my iPhone. All I did was turn off Facetime on my MBP (located in Facetime preferences) and turned it back on. Once I hit the switch back to on, I received a flood of unread notifications from JWSound. I can now receive notifications regularly.

I'm curious to see how Facetime had an effect on how notifications operate, but it may have somehow reset some notification settings. *shrug*

I looked into this issue for you but since I do not use Tapatalk or Facebook or Facetime in relation to this site I am not able to really give any meaningful explanation. I did see that you signed up using Facebook Connect (the sign up - sign in protocol that does interface with Facebook) and that you have all sorts of Notifications checked in your Profile. Tapatalk also has its own set of "helpers" they provide to enhance your forum experience including the recently implemented PUSH notification routine. I have no idea how Facetime (calls) interact with this forum or any other but possibly there is some involvement with the relatively new Notification feature of OS-X and iOS. My only suggestion would be to go through your personal notification settings in your Profile (on this site), look into your notification settings on Facebook (good luck), and lastly, try and discover if Tapatalk has some notification settings that need to be tweaked to your liking.

I'm sorry to say that most of these things are pretty much out of my control once you involve Facebook (huge) and Tapatalk (trying to "improve" your forum experience).