Scotty What

Hello Ya'll,

I have a system (411a/um400a/COS11) issue that I'm running out of ideas on how to fix. The sound is a "verbed popcorn" sound that is intermittent. I have attached a recording of it. I have been able to repro the sound in every gear config I can think of. I've even sent the system to Lectro for tune up/testing and they could not repro the issue. Unfortunately I did not have a sample file to provide them. This system is used with one other system in a standard location bag with BDS/mixer/recorder. I've swapped out power/audio cables. Used wall power. Swapped mics, channels and frequencies. I've even relocated the units to other parts of the bag. All configs have reproed the sound.

Has anyone heard this same sound? Know how to achieve reliable service again? Thanks in advance.

Scott

Hello Ya'll,

I have a system (411a/um400a/COS11) issue that I'm running out of ideas on how to fix. The sound is a "verbed popcorn" sound that is intermittent. I have attached a recording of it. [snip]

Scott

attachment???

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

I have been able to repro the sound in every gear config I can think of. ...Swapped mics, channels and frequencies.

Can your borrow another TX or RX on the same block to see if the issue is perhaps limited to your TX or RX? Tried new/different antennas? Does it sound like antenna switching, by chance?

But as Larry suggests, can you try to resend/repost your audio attachment? Or stick it on your own site and post the link here.

Jim

So do you 48 volts on your mic input to the mixer or Line in? It shouldn't affect the mic input if you are using that but who knows..maybe its more than 48 volts...if its not in the trx/receiver chain then follow to the next part of the signal path...

BVS

I have violently jerked/shaken the trx and it doesn't increase or decrease the issue. Like a paint mixer. I have the 552 mixer set to line input without phantom. But I do set the mics I use to to 48v when needed (not these). I was on the phone with lectro today and was able to repor the issue with some of the same suggestions that you all have. The result was to send it to them. It is in transit. One thing interesting was the audio signal indicator on the rx went nuts to match the sound today but I hadn't noticed it before. This may indicate an issue with the audio output side of the system. The trx lights were blank.

Thanks so much guys. I will post here with what lectro says.

Scott

Antenna whip would be my answer. Had this happen on several of my transmitters. Often heard when the transmitter is on an ankle and the sound gets reproduced with every footstep the transmitter is on. The temp fix is to put a straw over the antenna. Please keep us posted as to what this is. I've suggested this problem many times, but many refuse to believe it.

When I've used the setup with trx on the waistband the issue is reproed. Thanks for the ant. Idea. A couple of monts ago Lectro did find an issue with the ant. But it was on another system and related to this issue.

My two systems are located near eachother in the bag but the sound persists when it's the only one powered up.

I will keep y'all posted.

Scott

When I've used the setup with trx on the waistband the issue is reproed. Thanks for the ant. Idea. A couple of monts ago Lectro did find an issue with the ant. But it was on another system and related to this issue.

My two systems are located near eachother in the bag but the sound persists when it's the only one powered up.

I will keep y'all posted.

Scott

I sent the thread to service so they will have a little more info.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro