Live flight tracking

Michael

I've been using plane finder free for the same purpose. As I've been right under the flight path for planes arriving at heathrow all week, it's been very useful to see if there is a plane about to come in before we turn over.

I've been using plane finder free for the same purpose. As I've been right under the flight path for planes arriving at heathrow all week, it's been very useful to see if there is a plane about to come in before we turn over.

I don't know what this app costs but to save anyone some money the arrival or departure of an aircraft at Heathrow is every thirty seconds from five am to 22.00 hrs. when it becomes one every minute.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s.

I don't know what this app costs but to save anyone some money the arrival or departure of an aircraft at Heathrow is every thirty seconds from five am to 22.00 hrs. when it becomes one every minute.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s.

thankfully it costs nothing - or at least the version i have.

but it helps me out so i dont have to count as high as 30.

I would agree with Jack, only aircraft equipped with an ADS-B transponder. "Today about 60% (about 30% in USA and about 70% in Europe) of the passenger aircraft and only a small amount of military and private aircraft have an ADS-B transponder"

It may have some usfulness but it's fun to look at anyway.

It is a cool app, but not really useful for this type of application.

From the FAQs on their website:

How live is FlightAware's tracking and status data?

The data displayed on FlightAware.com is typically 30 seconds to five minutes delayed from real time depending on the data source and government regulations. You can contact us if you have a commercial need for real-time data.

Being land locked, how often do you hear, "Holding for boat."

I've called it a few times. Mostly when shooting next to the thames. although I did also have a very strange incident when shooting on a beach. A boat that must have been two miles offshore (could barely see it right on the horizon) was very loud. Took a long time to pass too.

-Mark