Phonak Induction Neckloop wiring for G2 Rx

jonathan chiles

I have a Phonak neckloop with the original comtek plug removed. there are 3 cores (green, brown, white) and a shield.

Anyone know how this could be terminated to work with a Sennheiser G3 receiver?

Thanks in advance :)

Any chance part of the Comtek cable is still attaced to the plug so you can tell which core is attached to what terminal? The G3 system is unbalanced in & out. The tip is the audio out/positive and the sleeve is the ground. I suggest connecting the shield to the ground and trying each of the the other cores to the tip and see what works.

Eric

Ouch senator! Hoped you would let this one slide..

I did in fact contact Phonak about this last year and they were entirely unhelpful

Eric thanks for the advice, the neckloop seems to work with shield and green soldered to sleeve and brown soldered to tip on the mini TRS. Strangely the signal level in the Phonak Phonito is quite low even with the G2 sysytem modulating nicely and I also have a persistant clicking coming through as well.

" I did in fact contact Phonak "

with so many of our "usual suspects" so helpful, it is also useful for us to learn which ones are not as helpful as they could be. Of course we need to understand that for many large companies, we may not be the target market, so they may not fully understand our needs, but I would expect better of Phonak.

" signal level in the Phonak Phonito is quite low even with the G2 sysytem "

now you are getting into the physics of how induction loop systems work, and the specific spec's of the components --which were not specifically designed to work with each other