Emmy for Current TV

RPSharman

It's not Al's fault, sort of. There are three people at the top of Current TV. Al, Joel Hyatt, an David Neuman. If you watched that part of the Emmy's, then you saw Al and Joel, and heard David's name uttered. Al and Joel have had zero experience running a TV network, and lots of experience with Law and politics. David Neuman, their Programming Executive "genius" as they put it, is the one who has TV experience. He ran Disney's Channel One network, then had an exec role at CNN, and had something to do with Seinfeld as well. His decree was that the network be run on a shoestring budget, and has now grown into a profitable company, "the fastest growing network on cable" and now and Emmy award winning network. The crews are reaping nothing from this success, and are continually having more work dumped on them.

The sad part of this is that I attained signatory cards from Scott at the West Coast office, and was only able to get 5 signed. Our crew here is happy in their little role, and feel like they would get fired, or replaced or something else, despite my efforts to educate them otherwise. They seem to like the fact that they routinely rotate between G&E, Camera, and Directing roles, and don't want to give that up. I've explained to some of them that if we had signed 2 years ago, we'd all probably be home owners now, and it's still not sinking in. If anyone in movie land has a union (tier 1 even) feature they want to get out of, I'd love to fill in.

Tom