Film History

old school

Hey Jeff, and all who like film history. Todays NY Times Arts section had a very interesting article and pictures about Hal Ashbys 1st movie, The Landlord. Check it out and see the film if you are able. Time goes slow n time goes fast, but hopefully movies last. It was a time much like today when they made the movie, a time of great change in the film biz, and society, as well as great turmoil. Maybe we are on the verge of something good, but then again, maybe not. My take on it all, is that the lasting art comes with times of change, so I'm hoping... Anyway I thought I would toss this out to the many wonderful people @ jwsound......

Regards, CrewC

Hey Jeff, and all who like film history. Todays NY Times Arts section had a very interesting article and pictures about Hal Ashbys 1st movie, The Landlord. Check it out and see the film if you are able. Time goes slow n time goes fast, but hopefully movies last. It was a time much like today when they made the movie, a time of great change in the film biz, and society, as well as great turmoil. Maybe we are on the verge of something good, but then again, maybe not. My take on it all, is that the lasting art comes with times of change, so I'm hoping... Anyway I thought I would toss this out to the many wonderful people @ jwsound......

Regards, CrewC

Nicely put, and absolutely.

Philip Perkins