Sanken CS1 RFI?

Jared Detsikas

Has anyone else experienced interference with their original CS1? I know the CS3 had problems but I have been getting a digital sounding interference that is difficult to trace/recreate. As I move the boom around in the air it gets louder and softer or disappears. Its kind of like that digital sound you hear when you hit slate on the Nomad except more steady/less staccato. I've only noticed it since recently upgrading to the Nomad but when I try to recreate it on my own I can't get it to happen again. The other time I know I've run into problems was on a show that had pretty beefy camera transmitters but the other two times there was no apparent cause.

do you have zaxnet on your nomad?

could be some kind of 2.4GHz shash getting in there.

or possibly something from fluorescent lights, though ive only experienced that with a KMR81

there was a mod for the CS3e that cured any RFI problems i had, though if your CS1 is quite new - within the last year or so i would guess - you should have any RFI mods fitted.

your profile says you are in Boston, so assuming that it is the one on the states, get in contact with

www.plus24.net