Shooting in Norway and Dubai

johndiemer

This is my first post on JWS and I was hoping to get some help on a couple of out of town shoots I have coming up. The first stop is Dubai, and I was wondering what kind of luck people have had shooting in Dubai and what Blocks they have had success with. The next place is Bergen, Norway and same question.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dubai, Lectro Bloc21 works very well. One thing to be aware of though is that Dubai, like all the Emirates, can be very picky about letting wireless kit into the country, as they clamp down hard on unregulated communication, so you may have to prove to them that your radios aren't walkie talkies or similar. I've been to that part of the world many times, and it's probably 50/50 on whether I get hassle or not. It's always OK in the end, but can be time consuming, and time isn't always something you have at airports!

I've often got a letter from the production company explaining our project and technical needs to show to any customs officer, that usually helps.

"I've often got a letter from the production company explaining our project and technical needs to show to any customs officer, that usually helps."

Thanks Jon, I have two block 21s so I am happy to hear that. I am hired by the University and filming a TED X talk there so I am assuming they can offer me some fairly legitimate paperwork. I thanks for the heads up, I would hate to be stuck at the airport longer than I have to be.