Working on V.1 of my cart.

Jonathan Reyes

I do the same thing -- when I'm on a job that requires a CL9 panel, I just disconnect the CL8 and leave it there. Don't plug them both in at the same time! Bad USB juju.

Cart looks great! But those Anvil-style cases are heavy, though on the plus side, the shock-mount ones will probably survive a fall off the back of the truck.

Agreed, they are heavy but as you see the rf part is in a different case. I want to make them easily to breakaway from one another so I'm going to ad connectors to the back of the case (sort of like a patch bay for one case to the other so it will be supper easy to remove them so it can way less when holing around stairs and what have you.

I have my 2 venues in a skb 2 ru roto case with a bds on the back and pigtail balanced xlr to cat 5 baluns for the same purpose of peeling them off of the main cart. I had Clark wire build me a pair of cat 5 cables in a single jacket at 125' and 75' for remoteing 8 wireless.

I'll post some photos when I get to a putter.

Larry

I had Clark wire build me a pair of cat 5 cables in a single jacket at 125' and 75' for remoteing 8 wireless.

Larry

I would really like some details on a dual CAT5 cable (2 CAT5 cables in a single jacket). I built my own multi box with 8 connectors but I haven't used it because of the need to run 2 separate CAT5 cables, it's a mess.

I work on a show called Chopped and we run cat5 cables threw out the whole studio with Avioms amazing what you can do with cat 5 cables. I'm going to keep that in mind that would be way easier to route the top part to the bottom part of my cart. I was also thinking of a multi pin connector too so I wound not get all those spugettied cables in the back.

I have a set of the four channel xlr boxes. They work great. Used them at some facilities that had banquet room walls already wired.

Just had to tap into the wall with the Cat5 on either side of the rooms. Saved a lot in time and taping down cables across the floors or over doorways, etc. etc. Great tool for the kit.

depending on length, it may be easier/cheaper to just run the two cat 5 cables inside some techflex...?

Justin, techflex of any kind is fine for short lengths. For really long ones, unless you are running a thick/fat multicore to a stage or something (which is not too long really), it will be really cumbersome.

depending on length, it may be easier/cheaper to just run the two cat 5 cables inside some techflex...? I don't know if that will help it sit flatter, traditional Cat Network cable is a pain with its stiff loops.

FlexoPET

Yep, that's how I've been doing mine. I've got my speaker snakes done this way, power and XLR. Playback interconnect, CAT6 and XLR. Antenna loom, 2x and 4x 50 ohm with bnc. Dual CAT6. Etc...

• 3 weeks later...