New Zaxcom ERX2

soundslikejustin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a worthy upgrade but I'll be okay using my ERX1. The volume knob looks the same, I guess they just added the plastic around it to protect it better. I only ever use mine on cameras or as an IFB for my boom op and he takes care of it. If someone is planning to use them like Comteks (would need a good antenna and/or amp for that btw) surely the ERX2 is the better choice.

I have an ERX1TCD and it can display scene and take info.

I own both ERX1TCD and ERX1, and they both display scene and take information. This has nothing to do with the ERX2 update.

The new cases look nice.

The new cases look nice.

I just upgraded one of my ERX to an ERX 2.

The case is very nice and has a great rigid feel to it. And while I never had an issue with the knob the new collar around the knob is really nice.

There are two holes on the unit that you can attach a wire belt clip on. Though I will still be using my iPod cases instead of the clip.

When I get some cash flow Im thinking I may actually upgrade more of my ERX 1's

The ERX2 provides 3 improvements over the ERX1.

1 The collar around the volume knob does provide excellent protection for the volume knob.

2 The battery compartment has been redesigned to allow for most if not all rechargeable batteries

3 The material is very durable and would hold up much better than our older case material and even metal.

The case must be non metallic as the receiver is quad diversity and has 4 antennas in the case.

Howy and I are very pleased with the ERX2. We feel it will hold up very well in the harshest production environments. As a totaly unique and intergrated Zaxnet solution we hope it will become part of everyone’s time code and IFB monitor audio distribution systems.

Glenn

1 The collar around the volume knob does provide excellent protection for the volume knob.

2 The battery compartment has been redesigned to allow for most if not all rechargeable batteries

3 The material is very durable and would hold up much better than our older case material and even metal.

The case must be non metallic as the receiver is quad diversity and has 4 antennas in the case.

Howy and I are very pleased with the ERX2. We feel it will hold up very well in the harshest production environments. As a totaly unique and intergrated Zaxnet solution we hope it will become part of everyone’s time code and IFB monitor audio distribution systems.

Glenn

#2 - AWESOME!!!! My ERX1s are a bit quirky when it comes to rechargables, which I prefer, and I end up struggling to get them to turn on sometimes. I have one that flat out won't work with any of my 80+ rechargables.

Zaxnet is one of the primary reasons I started the switch to Zaxcom gear, and I love it. It's exactly the kind of integration I dream about when I think about how I would like my system to work.

Well....cool. I didn't know that before.

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Films, and Commercials.

www.matthewfreed.com

Press and hold either the up or down buttons on the ERX to display alternately UB, Scene, Take. For me, coming from the Nomad, it will only display info after the first take of the day. Not quite sure why, but once I record one take, it all shows up.

Glenn

hi Glenn

how about the protection for the SWITCH on/off button

best

Cloud

Glad to hear the battery compartment is improved. I had a tough time with regular AA's maintaining contact and forget about rechargeables. I had to take a dremel tool to shave away some of the plastic so they would fit better.

Glad I only bought one ERX1TCD to start. Will be buying a handful of the new ERX2's in the near future!

Great work as always Glenn and crew!

Very nice improvements indeed!

Looking forward to get a companion for my ERX1TCD unit for a movie shooting in Lithuania, starting 2nd week of September. Project involves IFB100 sending time code and scratch audio feed to 2 Red Epic cameras equipped with Zaxcom ERXTCD's.

The distributor in Spain -where I live- has run out of older units and I have been caught in between, as new ERX2TCD seem not to be shipping yet. Another distributor in NYC told me I should wait at least a week more.

Starting to get nervous...

Are there any other 1/8" right angle connectors besides the Neutrik ones? They are so slender I can't fit two skinny cables coming out of one, let alone the three I do for camera hop cables. I've been using the Canare for this as I can squeeze all three if I remove the spring strain relief.

No they don't

You can use a right angle 1/8 and tape the cable down across the top.

Are there any other 1/8" right angle connectors besides the Neutrik ones? They are so slender I can't fit two skinny cables coming out of one, let alone the three I do for camera hop cables. I've been using the Canare for this as I can squeeze all three if I remove the spring strain relief.

Maybe this one 6mm shaft: http://www.ace4parts...UG__30-257.aspx

30-257_medium.jpg

Are there any other 1/8" right angle connectors besides the Neutrik ones? They are so slender I can't fit two skinny cables coming out of one, let alone the three I do for camera hop cables.

Just for my own edification, what are the 3 cables you would have coming out of an ERX? I thought the only signals you can output from an ERX is audio (mono) and timecode. Most everyone else that has described their use of the ERX receiver as a camera only talk about audio (on either tip or the sleeve) and timecode (on the other unused of the TRS connector).