soundslikejustin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1- Timecode (Tip)

2- Mono Audio out to left (Ring)

3- Mono Audio Out to right (Ring)

Maybe with the above right angle jack (thanks Vincent!) I could take 1 out and parallel it to the second out. But I couldn't do that with the Neutrik.

Just for my own edification, what are the 3 cables you would have coming out of an ERX? I thought the only signals you can output from an ERX is audio (mono) and timecode. Most everyone else that has described their use of the ERX receiver as a camera only talk about audio (on either tip or the sleeve) and timecode (on the other unused of the TRS connector).

1- Timecode (Tip)

2- Mono Audio out to left (Ring)

3- Mono Audio Out to right (Ring)

Maybe with the above right angle jack (thanks Vincent!) I could take 1 out and parallel it to the second out. But I couldn't do that with the Neutrik.

4 conductor 1/8" connectors only split the ground connection in two. You can always make parallel connections from either the tip or ring if you're after more outputs.

Mark

I put all three grounds to the sleeve, using a three conductor. And run parallel on the single ring for the audio sends. A four conductor would bring nothing to the table, except a more cramped soldering experience, wouldn't it?

4 conductor 1/8" connectors only split the ground connection in two. You can always make parallel connections from either the tip or ring if you're after more outputs.

Mark

A four conductor would bring nothing to the table, except a more cramped soldering experience, wouldn't it?

Exactly. Four conductor connectors are sometimes used in mobile phones and computers for accessories like mics and switches. I've never seen one on professional gear and it would be pointless to use one with the ERX.

Mark O.

If you have the TC on the TIP when you plug/unplug the tip of the male 3.5 touches the sleeve on the female connector. The camera gets 2v digital TC audio . Very unpleasant.

If you put the audio on the TIP and the TC on the sleeve you prevent this from happening...

I think you have it backwards. With TC on the tip, if the tip of the cable touches the ring of the female jack the camera will get audio. No big deal. If the tip touches the sleeve the camera gets nothing (sleeve is ground).

Or can you explain this better?

Mark O.

I think you have it backwards. With TC on the tip, if the tip of the cable touches the ring of the female jack the camera will get audio. No big deal. If the tip touches the sleeve the camera gets nothing (sleeve is ground).

Or can you explain this better?

Mark O.

you are right.I MEANT RING NOT SLEEVE. corrected... should have explained it better. I was talking about the female connector on the erx1. when i need to I rather disconnect the 3.5 from the erx1 then the 3.5 and 4pin lemo from the camera......

• 1 year later...

There are a few new software features that have been added to the ERX's.

First there is AutoScan. With AutoScan if change the transmit frequency on the ZaxNet transmitter all the receivers will automatically scan and re-tune to the new frequency.

Howy also added an auto frame rate detector. So now if you change the TC frame rate on the ZaxNet transmitter all ERX's will automatically change to the new frame rate.

There are a few new software features that have been added to the ERX's.

First there is AutoScan. With AutoScan if change the transmit frequency on the ZaxNet transmitter all the receivers will automatically scan and re-tune to the new frequency.

Howy also added an auto frame rate detector. So now if you change the TC frame rate on the ZaxNet transmitter all ERX's will automatically change to the new frame rate.

thank you Howy. I remember you and Glenn sitting in my office when I gave you the idea! Glad you implemented it ...

thank you Howy. I remember you and Glenn sitting in my office when I gave you the idea! Glad you implemented it ...

What a huge time saver to not have to reset multiple menus on a bunch of erx's. The updates have worked great for me.

Ken

"thank you Howy. I remember you and Glenn sitting in my office when I gave you the idea! Glad you implemented it ..."

I am very happy we got this one in there. I can only imagine what its like in the heat of battle to have to re-freq multiple IFBs after the production begins. Hope all is good with you Rado. I like your bag work.

More cool stuff to come.   :-)

Glenn

"thank you Howy. I remember you and Glenn sitting in my office when I gave you the idea! Glad you implemented it ..."

I am very happy we got this one in there. I can only imagine what its like in the heat of battle to have to re-freq multiple IFBs after the production begins. Hope all is good with you Rado. I like your bag work.

More cool stuff to come. :-)

Glenn

great improvement. Also BRAVO on the keyboard support.

A majority of improvements to all zaxcom products are a direct result of user feedback. While all suggestions may not make it into a product - 100% of the suggestions are listened to and evaluated.