snake 788t to red

commpost

What kind of snake is best to go from the 788t to the Red camera? The Red One, for example, has 4 mini-XLR inputs for recording 4 tracks. A snake with 4 mini-XLRs on both ends would make sense, but so far I have not heard of such a snake. A standard ENG snake has full size XLRs on both ends, and is one supposed to use XLR to mini XLR adapters on both ends? That is not an ideal solution.

I am thinking twice before picking up a standard ENG breakaway XLR snake. Any opinions welcome.

thx

Commpost

What kind of snake is best to go from the 788t to the Red camera? The Red One, for example, has 4 mini-XLR inputs for recording 4 tracks. A snake with 4 mini-XLRs on both ends would make sense, but so far I have not heard of such a snake. A standard ENG snake has full size XLRs on both ends, and is one supposed to use XLR to mini XLR adapters on both ends? That is not an ideal solution.

I am thinking twice before picking up a standard ENG breakaway XLR snake. Any opinions welcome.

thx

Commpost

Using an adapter of XLR-F to TA3-M allows you to use the main snake for other things besides the Red-1. It may not be ideal but it does work and works very well. The adapters are less expensive than a custom made snake that can only be used for one camera.

Eric

thx

Commpost

I work with a wide variety of cameras so have opted for two mini XLR to a 12-pin Tajimi connector into which I plug in a standard loom/snake. At the other end use a standard set of ENG camera tails (Tajimi to XLR and return) with adapter cables depending on the camera. Less of financial investment overall. Plus if my primary set stop working for any reason I can simply swap out a back up!! Not so easy with custom cables.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a red snake tail. I have one if you want to buy...

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Yeah--I had PSC make me a 2 channel + return RED fan for my Beta snakes. Do you really want to send 4 chan to the camera? Montoring the return for 4 chan kind of sucks re selection. If the cam audio is just a ref then 2 chan will do fine, smaller, standard beta snake etc.. Better yet--make it easier on everyone and go wireless!

phil p