Zaxcom- MAXX

glenn

Wohoo! Btw what petrol should i buy? Any word if a specific bag for maxx will be created?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the Petrol 607 might work as is. That might depend on your wireless though. If you use four 411 RXs, then probably not. If you use two QRX100 or two SRb receivers, then it might work. I have a 607 for my 302 rig, and I think it would work. The only question might be how you do the XLR connections on the bottom and how the Maxx sits when it's all wired up. 

The problem with the original version of the 614 was the Zaxnet antenna, and that bag was not specific for the Nomad anyway, it was just a lightweight bag that could hold a Nomad or a 788 or something similar. I've put my Fusion in one.

We will have PFL keys on the Nomad 8 fader attachment.

The Nomad itself will stay the same. You will be able to control analog inputs 1-8 on the new panel so you will get PFL buttons there if you want it.

Glenn

@Johnpaul

How it sits up is mainly why i ask. Thanks for the info

Thought i read somewhere about some brackets on the bottom that will lift it to accommodate xlrs. Or that right angle xlrs will do the trick.

@Johnpaul

Thought i read somewhere about some brackets on the bottom that will lift it to accommodate xlrs. Or that right angle xlrs will do the trick.

I am going aes On the side...

@Johnpaul

That's what I understand. I saw a demo unit months ago, but the bracket wasn't on it. Once it starts shipping we'll see. If the 607 doesn't work, I bet Petrol and Portabrace will make something.

Thanks Jack, but Idon't understand, TA5 has  five contact,  assuming that one is ground the other four Tape out balance left  & right, wher is the mono output?

or are two differnt balance mono out?

or you have to set one time mono and one time stereo tape out?

grazie

pin 1 is ground is for both tape and mono

pin 2 is + for tape out

pin 3 is - for tape out

pin 4 is + for mono out

pin 5 is - for mono out

Both are independently routable - meaning that each one can have its own separate feed and you can adjust levels independently of each other. 

• 4 weeks later...

Did not. Will there be a wait after pre-ordering?

Dealers have been taking pre-orders since Maxx has been announced - and I'm guessing dealers will be filling orders in priority of when they were ordered. So the sooner you order the sooner you get one.

I have no idea how many units have been ordered and Zaxcom will be building machines as fast as they can - but it will take time to fill all the orders. 

Dealers have been taking pre-orders since Maxx has been announced - and I'm guessing dealers will be filling orders in priority of when they were ordered. So the sooner you order the sooner you get one.

I have no idea how many units have been ordered and Zaxcom will be building machines as fast as they can - but it will take time to fill all the orders. 

Have they started a production run....or is this a "as-we-build-them" roll-out like Nomad was?

In this video @ 2:10, Glenn says "It has an extra tape buss and and what we call mono buss. These are actually real mix busses so there are actually 4 mix busses in the Maxx."  I would love some clarification on that. 

They can be used as mix busses. You can independently route your inputs, main mix buses and returns to both the tape and mono out.