Zaxcom- MAXX

glenn

--When will this recorder start shipping?

--Is it powered like the Nomad, or external only, or what?

--what is its DC draw?

--Is there a TC i/o ?

--Is there WC i/o?

--Records to a single piece of media (ie the internal CF)--can it also record to something external to at the same time?

nice lookin' box!

phil p

It should ship before the end of the year if all goes as planed.

DC power should be about 300mA @12Vdc.

Time code I/O is a single BNC connector. It is an output or an input depending on the mode of the machine.

There is no WC input or output with sample rate converting inputs it is not neccessary.

It records to a single CF card slot. Both MARF and linear wave files are recorded at the same time.

Glenn

Alot of people can not live without Zaxnet. It has become the "secret sauce" that makes our gear so tasty. This product is made to address a different market than Nomad. The price of Nomad is not that much higher than Maxx so if Zaxnet is a must then Nomad is right for you.

I do see people using Maxx and Nomad in the same bag as a 10 channel mixer with Zaxnet and 2 channel camera link.

Glenn

It records to a single CF card slot. Both MARF and linear wave files are recorded at the same time.

Glenn

I was wondering about that when someone mentioned it had only 1 CF card. MARF and .bwf on the same card --- very cool. This is the perfect solution for the size and pricepoint of this machine (and its intended users).

I do see people using Maxx and Nomad in the same bag as a 10 channel mixer with Zaxnet and 2 channel camera link.

Glenn

perhaps, if i get a Maxx to go with my nomad, you can give me a years worth of chiropractor vouchers included.

not so much the weight of the nomad and maxx, but the 9 or 10 wireless and gubbins as well. ouchie.

It should ship before the end of the year if all goes as planed.

DC power should be about 300mA @12Vdc.

Time code I/O is a single BNC connector. It is an output or an input depending on the mode of the machine.

There is no WC input or output with sample rate converting inputs it is not neccessary.

Glenn

Thanks, cool.

RE TC, sorry I'm not familiar w/ Nomad--is the TC an output or an input while recording?

I asked about WC since one of the major duties of my SD recorder is being a WC generator for other devices.

Both flavors of files get recorded to the card at the same time--to separate folders I guess?

thanks

phil p

" Bugger. "

life sucks...

then you die.

" Would have been nice to know this was round the corner. "

don't worry, there is something else around the corner...

" --When will this recorder start shipping?

--Is it powered like the Nomad, or external only, or what?

--what is its DC draw?

--Is there a TC i/o ?

--Is there WC i/o?

--Records to a single piece of media (ie the internal CF)--can it also record to something external to at the same time? "

and it isn't even NAB yet...

Have you picked up a large bag to fill with any free shit you can get your hands on at the next NAB yet?

If you send digits into a digital machine, and they are sample rate converted on the way in, then by the time they come out of the samle rate converter (even if it is converting from 48kHz to 48kHz) the OP samples are all alignd correctly anyway, so no WC IP is required.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

p.s. come on you USA folks - lets make it to 100 posts on Maxx in one day, before we get to midnight your time !!!!!

Glenn,

Can you explain why you don't need WC with the digital io and the converting inputs?

If you send digits into a digital machine, and they are sample rate converted on the way in, then by the time they come out of the samle rate converter (even if it is converting from 48kHz to 48kHz) the OP samples are all alignd correctly anyway, so no WC IP is required.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

p.s. come on you USA folks - lets make it to 100 posts on Maxx in one day, before we get to midnight your time !!!!!

I was hoping for something a little more... informative. I understand that when you send a signal into a converter it comes out converted.