788T firmware update 2.18

Simon Koelmeyer

4) In over shoulder mode, I'm using the CL8 to route mic channel 1 to Aux 1 Prefade. However, if I then route channel 2 to Aux 1POSTFADE - then channel 1 changes to POSTFADE too. It seems that each Aux is only capable of being either PRE or POST. They appear to be 'linked'. How do I 'unlink' them?

All inputs assigned to a track are either pre-fade or post-fade, you can't mix pre and post on the same track.

Thank you all very much for your helpful replies.

Agree with Joshua Anderson "Once I change the menu setting, the 788 reads all trims as being all the way down. So I end up adjusting each individually and then putting it back into fader mode. Since the channels are coming in Pre-fade, that sort of locks them in" - this too, is doing my head in.....not my kind of logic

Next daft Question - Anyone know how to store 'pre made notes' to add to each take? - We had that in the DEVA where we could store 'pre-written' entries i.e "Wildtrack", "MOS", Good", "Room Tone" etc etc....and simply select them from the STN page - or with my new SD788 do I have to type them in each time?

2) how can I save and name 2/3 user setups - i.e. Over the Shoulder, Trolley/cart, other , .....etc and recall quickly?

Forgot about this one, New feature in 2.18. Full details on page 148 of the 2.18 manual.

New - ability to store, name, and load unlimited user setups. Active settings are automatically embedded in every .WAV file and can be loaded from the Take List or Drive Directory.

Next daft Question - Anyone know how to store 'pre made notes' to add to each take? - We had that in the DEVA where we could store 'pre-written' entries i.e "Wildtrack", "MOS", Good", "Room Tone" etc etc....and simply select them from the STN page - or with my new SD788 do I have to type them in each time?

There are no saved comment lists on the 788T.