SMALL Cart Power distro ?

Simon Koelmeyer

Hi all,

I'm UK based

I currently have a PSC CART POWER unit which takes 240V or 12V DC from a block battery.

It gives 6x12V out on 4pin XLR

I need to replace it soon as it's beginning to c**p out on me.

What are you using these days? - looking for ideas of SMALL, LIGHT distro

many thanks for any replies

Simon

+1

When I get bigger gigs, it's one of the next items to be mounted on my cart. Then I'll see if I neeed the Extra Life. Would seem a little expensive at first compared to numerous other solutions (including used stuff, if you wish) but it's so compact, light and well conceived... :)

Jeff (that is behind this site) was among the first to try lightweight cart power batteries, though Trew is now selling this:

http://www.trewaudio...wer-System.html

• All-in-one, rack mountable power system
  • Single rack unit saves valuable cart space
  • Under 13 pounds; minimizes overall cart weight
  • Contains Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery
  • Complete recharge in 3 hours or less
  • 20 Amp-hours
  • 18 Amps of 12VDC when plugged into 110VAC - 240VAC mains

they also sell an extra battery module if you need more than 20 Amp-hours.

+1

When I get bigger gigs, it's one of the next items to be mounted on my cart. Then I'll see if I neeed the Extra Life. Would seem a little expensive at first compared to numerous other solutions but it's so compact, light and well conceived...

From my experience with SLA (sealed lead acid) batteries for many, many years, and now with LiFe (Lithium Iron Phosphate) batteries for several years, the extra expense is a non-issue. The savings in weight, predictability and longevity (including very low self-discharge when not in use and far more cycles of charging) makes it all worthwhile. The RemoteAudio Meon-LiFe is very good implementation of LiFe battery technology for cart power use.

PSC also makes a single rack LiFe unit. Single or double space.

The problem with your Cart Power is probably that it wasn't designed to handle the power requirement of today's modern carts. I keep mine around to power Modulus on the video cart and other "be the hero" applications for 12v 4-pin power.

Lots of good choices out there.

Robert

PSC also makes a single rack LiFe unit. Single or double space.

The problem with your Cart Power is probably that it wasn't designed to handle the power requirement of today's modern carts. I keep mine around to power Modulus on the video cart and other "be the hero" applications for 12v 4-pin power.

Lots of good choices out there.

Robert

By modern do you mean higher output voltage or more outputs or what?

phil p

By modern do you mean higher output voltage or more outputs or what?

phil p

Both, I suppose. Mine became obsolete when it couldn't handle the power requirements of my DV824 (which had for about a year or so). I ended up using it and a PowerStation together until I got my Powermax Ultra.

I still use PowerStation for car work, or bag stuff if hanging on an upright magliner. Cart Power would likely work for that too, I'd think.